Author Topic: Divesting from Blackrock  (Read 856 times)

Offline seoulbro

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by seoulbro
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +192 / -272
Divesting from Blackrock
« on: October 06, 2022, 12:15:47 PM »

Louisiana is divesting state treasury funds from the controversial investment company BlackRock.

In a letter to BlackRock chairman and CEO Larry Fink, Louisiana state Treasurer John Schroder, a Republican, noted that $560 million has already been divested and eventually $794 million will have been yanked out of BlackRock.

"Your blatantly anti-fossil fuel policies would destroy Louisiana's economy," Schroder wrote. "Therefore, Louisiana Treasury will liquidate all BlackRock investments by the end of 2022. To date we have divested $560 million," he noted. "Once complete, this divestment will reflect $794 million no longer entangled in BlackRock money market funds, mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETFs) holdings."

"I'm convinced that ESG investing is more than bad business; it’s a threat to our founding principles: democracy, economic freedom, and individual liberty. It threatens our democracy, bypasses the ballot box and allows large investment firms to push political agendas. It threatens our economic freedom because these firms use their massive shareholdings to compel CEOs to put political motivations above a company’s profits and investors’ returns. Finally, it threatens our personal liberty because these firms are using our money to push their agendas contrary to the best interests of the people whose money they are using!" Schroder wrote.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/louisiana-treasurer-divest-blackrock-egg?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221006SponsoredTrending-RevelationMedia&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

I hope other large funds have the courage to follow Louisiana's lead.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show only replies by Oliver Clotheshoffe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877
Re: Divesting from Blackrock
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 03:32:08 PM »
Isn't Blackrock the same corporation that's trying to buy up every house in America? I've been hearing a lot of bad things about them.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6