Author Topic: Is there a way to install software on Windows or Mac so that it never expires?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Joe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
Has anyone ever done this?

I installed a program the other day but it says its a trial and will expire in 30 days.

Is there a way to easily extend it so it never does?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Powered By Coffee
    • Show only replies by Garraty_47
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1790 / -680
I can think of at least two ways but one is more trouble than it's probably worth and the other is inherently risky.

1)
You can delete the program on its 29th day and scrub all references to it from your machine's cache, registry, etc. DO NOT attempt this one in a half-assed fashion because messing with your computer's registry and other core libraries can have potentially disastrous consequences. Then reinstall the program and enjoy it for another 29 days. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repea...

2)
Find and download a registration crack or a pre-cracked version of the software. Needless to say this a good method to acquire malware along with the program you originally wanted so unless you trust the source of the crack make sure you have a good backup of your machine and everything on it.

Personally I've found it's far less hassle to use open source (usually free to use) software or just bite the damn bullet and purchase a registration if it's a program I absolutely must have.

Open source and/or free programs/suites offer everything from MSOffice clones (OpenOffice) to audio and video editors (Audacity & HitFilmExpress) to coding utilities (VisualStudioCode) to 3D modeling/rendering (Blender).

What is it you're trying to extend?

Has anyone ever done this?

I installed a program the other day but it says its a trial and will expire in 30 days.

Is there a way to easily extend it so it never does?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Rancidmilko

• Trogz
  • Fuckheads
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Rancidmilko
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +4779 / -1463
Just buy the damn thing, pirate Joe

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
I can think of at least two ways but one is more trouble than it's probably worth and the other is inherently risky.

1)
You can delete the program on its 29th day and scrub all references to it from your machine's cache, registry, etc. DO NOT attempt this one in a half-assed fashion because messing with your computer's registry and other core libraries can have potentially disastrous consequences. Then reinstall the program and enjoy it for another 29 days. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repea...

2)
Find and download a registration crack or a pre-cracked version of the software. Needless to say this a good method to acquire malware along with the program you originally wanted so unless you trust the source of the crack make sure you have a good backup of your machine and everything on it.

Personally I've found it's far less hassle to use open source (usually free to use) software or just bite the damn bullet and purchase a registration if it's a program I absolutely must have.

Open source and/or free programs/suites offer everything from MSOffice clones (OpenOffice) to audio and video editors (Audacity & HitFilmExpress) to coding utilities (VisualStudioCode) to 3D modeling/rendering (Blender).

What is it you're trying to extend?

Its an old software over 10 yeArs old on a cd.
The cd is legit and so is the serial number as it is in the original packaging.
But the company wont allow any more activations because the software is too old and runs on Windows 7 or os x.

And they closed the servers down.
But there seem to be hacks or ways to extend it beyond the trial version because its older operating sustem.

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Just buy the damn thing, pirate Joe

A friend of mine lent the installer disks to me.
They are legitimate but are no longer supported and cant be activated any longer because their servers were shut down a while ago, Rancid.

So its not fake or pirated.

Its no longer sold anywhere in that edition as its over 10 years old.
Otherwise it works on Windows 7 which i have installed on my computer 

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%