Author Topic: Reaction to the Hunter laptop story perfectly illustrates how the elite media  (Read 315 times)

Offline Herman

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Herman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3569 / -1025
Have given up doing their job.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/07/reaction-to-hunter-biden-laptop-story-illustrates-how-elite-media-have-given-up-doing-their-job/

In years past, when journalism was trusted by consumers much more than it is today, The New York Post might have been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize for its reporting about Hunter Biden’s laptop. New Twitter owner Elon Musk might have also won awards for his revelations of collusion between Twitter, intelligence officials who claimed the story was Russian disinformation and leading Democrats who were in touch with social-media owners to suppress stories that might have harmed Joe Biden’s election as president.

Just days ago and long after even some major media reluctantly “verified” the laptop and its contents, even CBS acknowledged its existence.

All of this had implications for the outcome of the 2020 presidential election and the continued decline of public trust in the major media.

As for the election, The Post reported, “Nearly four of five Americans who’ve been following the Hunter Biden laptop scandal believe that ‘truthful’ coverage would have changed the outcome of the 2020 presidential election, according to a new poll. A similar percentage also said they’re convinced that information on the computer is real, with just 11% saying they thought it was ‘created by Russia,’ according to the survey conducted by the New Jersey-based Technometrica Institute of Policy and Politics.”

Have any of those responsible for covering up the laptop story apologized for failing to do their job and verify the story when it mattered? Nope. Have the more than 50 former senior intelligence officials who signed a letter saying the laptop story “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation” issued a corrective statement, admitting their error? Again, no.

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
Prairie Redneck

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show only replies by Oliver Clotheshoffe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877
I watch local news for traffic and weather but everything else is pretty much democrat propaganda and I switch the channel. Turned the channel today and found an old Wagon Train episode with Adam West in it. Holy Bucking Bronco Batman!
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Herman

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Herman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3569 / -1025
I watch local news for traffic and weather but everything else is pretty much democrat propaganda and I switch the channel. Turned the channel today and found an old Wagon Train episode with Adam West in it. Holy Bucking Bronco Batman!
I watch a local too for the same reasons. CBC, CTV, and Global are all prog propaganda.
Prairie Redneck

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6