Author Topic: Welcome BLURT !  (Read 8713 times)

The Queen Bee

Welcome BLURT !
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:53:22 AM »
I’m so happy you’re here !  :borat:
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Blurt
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1918 / -176
Re: Welcome BLURT !
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:53:47 AM »
Thanks!  :thumbup2: Glad to be here.

Guess I may as well introduce myself while I'm here.

I'm French-Canadian, in my 50s, and come equipped with a fickle gender identity. You can call me He, you can call me She, as long as you call me!

I grew up and spent most of my life in Quebec but now live and work on Vancouver Island in beautiful British-Columbia.

I'm a mental health and social outreach worker by trade and currently work in a residence catering to the needs of a hard-to-house population. Uni studies: religion, philosophy, sociology, psychology.

I'm an atheist gamer, a sociable loner, an open soul, and an avid reader (never met a genre I didn't like). I collect board games but don't play them. I write a lot but don't submit anything for publication. I pee sitting down.

Some of you may know me from other forums. While I can hold my own in a twisty conversation, I'm not a big fan of flaming.

Above all, I don't take myself (nor any of this shit) too seriously and I gather me rosebuds while I may.

My life-siggie: tempus fugit - carpe diem.

Looking forward to "inneracting with y'all."   8)
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show only replies by Biggie Smiles
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +30592 / -6724
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 08:58:11 AM »
Sup

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Powered By Coffee
    • Show only replies by Garraty_47
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1790 / -680
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:29 AM »
This is said in all compassion and in a genuine attempt to be helpful:

You seem way too normal for this crowd.
Seriously.  We're a bunch of weirdos.  Save yourself and run away now!

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:16 AM »
Heh.  Nice try, V.  :alienabduct:

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Powered By Coffee
    • Show only replies by Garraty_47
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1790 / -680
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:41:49 AM »
At least now you can't say I didn't warn you.  Welcome aboard.

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Joe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 10:28:55 AM »

I hope me ‘n blurt kin get along on your forum, Erica.

We never do, but at least we can hope!

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
Heya Blurt, glad you're here.  Don't know ya but have seen the odd post here and there and enjoyed your style.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:58 PM »

I'm French-Canadian, in my 50s, and come equipped with a fickle gender identity. You can call me He, you can call me She, as long as you call me!

I grew up and spent most of my life in Quebec but now live and work on Vancouver Island in beautiful British-Columbia.

I'm a mental health and social outreach worker by trade and currently work in a residence catering to the needs of a hard-to-house population. Uni studies: religion, philosophy, sociology, psychology.

I'm an atheist gamer, a sociable loner, an open soul, and an avid reader (never met a genre I didn't like). I collect board games but don't play them. I write a lot but don't submit anything for publication. I pee sitting down.

Some of you may know me from other forums. While I can hold my own in a twisty conversation, I'm not a big fan of flaming.

Above all, I don't take myself (nor any of this shit) too seriously and I gather me rosebuds while I may.

I know you!  So nice to "see" you again.  I'm new here too.

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »
Em!  :wine:

Damn, it's nice to see you again. How're things down there?

On this side of the 49th, everything is spiffy. As always.

Peaches,

Thanks for the welcome.  8)

I've seen you around, too, but I don't recall our key strokes ever crossing paths. I was told by more than one mutual acquaintance that you're mighty fine people.

Fraud, thanks for the heads-up. Faglamers don't confront me none. In fact, I want to admire them; repressed homosexuality is not for sissies.

Which reminds me...

Joe, let's not let our divorce proceedings interfere with the time we spend here. This being said, I'm considering taking you back if you get rid of the zoot suit and get a haircut.

The purple Ninja socks have got to go, too.

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • Show only replies by Bonesaw
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1989 / -450
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »
Hello.  Even though you're Canadian, welcome.

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »
Sorry, Bonesaw.

:blowkiss:

And thanks!

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 05:18:01 AM »
Em!  :wine:

Damn, it's nice to see you again. How're things down there?

On this side of the 49th, everything is spiffy. As always.

Peaches,

Thanks for the welcome.  8)

I've seen you around, too, but I don't recall our key strokes ever crossing paths. I was told by more than one mutual acquaintance that you're mighty fine people.

Fraud, thanks for the heads-up. Faglamers don't confront me none. In fact, I want to admire them; repressed homosexuality is not for sissies.

Which reminds me...

Joe, let's not let our divorce proceedings interfere with the time we spend here. This being said, I'm considering taking you back if you get rid of the zoot suit and get a haircut.

The purple Ninja socks have got to go, too.

I'm great. Life is good, better since Tuesday.  I'm thrilled to see you again! I was afraid we wouldn't cross paths again.

I look forward to reading your posts..

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 07:35:27 AM »
Yeah, same here, Em.

I haven't been on the forum where we first met in quite some time now. Not because I didn't like it--I did--but simply because my life took a busy turn over the past six months or so, what with my new job and all. Still, I should find a way to go say hi over there. Thing is, I also just reconnected myself to Facebook, Twitter, and sundry other social media after a five-year period of abstinence. That's eating up my time, too, now.

Heh. I was going to ask you what happened on Tuesday. And then I remembered:  :handbag: :popcorn: :handbag: :popcorn: :handbag:

So many new nicks here. Well, new to me. I'm just sorta poking around, lurking here and there for the time being. I might get over my shyness eventually.

Catch you on the boards, Em.  8)

The Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 07:55:30 AM »
I’m so happy you’re here, Blurt  :happy117:

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 01:21:57 PM »
Yeah, same here, Em.

I haven't been on the forum where we first met in quite some time now. Not because I didn't like it--I did--but simply because my life took a busy turn over the past six months or so, what with my new job and all. Still, I should find a way to go say hi over there. Thing is, I also just reconnected myself to Facebook, Twitter, and sundry other social media after a five-year period of abstinence. That's eating up my time, too, now.

Heh. I was going to ask you what happened on Tuesday. And then I remembered:  :handbag: :popcorn: :handbag: :popcorn: :handbag:

So many new nicks here. Well, new to me. I'm just sorta poking around, lurking here and there for the time being. I might get over my shyness eventually.

Catch you on the boards, Em.  8)

That board doesn't exist anymore.

I hope your new job is a good one and that it's been a good busy.

This place is different from what I'm accustomed to, but the folks that run this place are fair. That's all I ask of a forum.

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 05:08:37 AM »
That board doesn't exist anymore.

I hope your new job is a good one and that it's been a good busy.

This place is different from what I'm accustomed to, but the folks that run this place are fair. That's all I ask of a forum.

Sad to hear it's gone. :frown2:

I liked the gal what run it.

New job is excellent. Finally working in my own field again these past seven months. Finding a job in this town is brutal. Just like finding decent housing (0.9% vacancy rate).

Finally able to chill after a not-so-soft landing that took the better part of two years.

Yeah, I'm not used to hanging out in a venue full of flaming vets either; still, the manufactured drama can be entertaining on occasion. Still feeling my way around the place. Liking it so far.

(Thanks again to the Queen Bee for the heads-up!)

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Sad to hear it's gone. :frown2:

I liked the gal what run it.

New job is excellent. Finally working in my own field again these past seven months. Finding a job in this town is brutal. Just like finding decent housing (0.9% vacancy rate).

Finally able to chill after a not-so-soft landing that took the better part of two years.

Yeah, I'm not used to hanging out in a venue full of flaming vets either; still, the manufactured drama can be entertaining on occasion. Still feeling my way around the place. Liking it so far.

(Thanks again to the Queen Bee for the heads-up!)

It's unfortunate that the place is gone. There were interesting posters there. I agree, the owner is a good egg.

I'm happy you're back working in your field, then work isn't a chore. Yay!

The flaming can be entertaining from time to time, but as a.constant I find it boring. It's a hamster wheel of fucktardery. 

But, to each his own. They are perfectly entitled topmost as they see fit- free speech.

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by H.C.Trouble
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1704 / -114
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 01:18:40 AM »

I read this and thought I was being trolled.

French-Canadian, 52  but originally from New Brunswick. Spent most of my life in Ontario. 

Nice to meet you BLURT.

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 02:57:07 AM »
Damn. Haven't been back here in a spell.

Nice to meet you, too, H.C.

Funny thing, my brother and I once spent a summer working in the same pub on one of the islands in the Juan DeFuca Strait. By summer's end, most of the staff had come to refer to us as "the Trouble Brothers." Um, not sure why.

We know folks from down Miramichi way and from Oromocto. Good people.

Having two tongues comes in handy in this country.

See you on the forumz, H.C.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6