Author Topic: 10 Things About You That Others May Not Know  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Blurt
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1918 / -176
10 Things About You That Others May Not Know
« on: June 18, 2019, 03:07:12 PM »
So, after reading Murdy's plea for a greater sense of community in these parts, more especially through an effort to get to know its members a bit better, I thought it might be a good idea to get that particular ball rolling with this here thread. This would be helpful to me, if no one else, just because I have zero history on flame boards and most of you are therefore strangers to me.

I chose to drop this in the BG because I can't assume this kind of thread won't be a rich vein to mine for those who carry a blowtorch in their back pocket.

Allow me to be the first hamster down the pipe.

1. I'm French-Canadian. Yeah, I'm a frog. And, if you give me any heat over this, I'll sic H.C. Trouble on yo ass.

2. I have 1,275 books on my Kobo eReader; I've read about 100 so far. Of those, about 20 were worth my time.

3. I wore my first pair of high heels when I was 3 years old. Freud has the right of it: my feet and legs slipped through the straps until my ass was sitting on the shoes.

4. I once had a glass of champagne at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris; two days later, I was passed out at 4 a.m. in Leicester Square in London. A chunnel train ride must've been involved at some point.

5. My father was a child psychologist. This explains a lot of things.

6. A bottle of red wine lasts me three weeks. I don't drink beer and I don't smoke pot. Not regularly, anyway. I don't partake of any other psychotropic substance and never have. My own mind freaks me out enough as it is.

7. I've saved half a dozen lives so far by administrating naloxone and providing rescue breaths to people who've overdosed. Part of the job.

8. I'm an absolute film nut, a total science fiction geek, and a game board collector (even though I never have anyone to play with).

9. I never married. Not the marrying kind. I'm too BoHo. This being said, my four longest relationships all lasted just over seven years, and I've remained friends with all my ex-girlfriends.

10. I love to pamper the gal in my lfe and I fancy myself a consummate househusband. This includes giving her a pedicure and hand-washing her unmentionables. That's just how I roll.

Anybody else want to give this a go? Murdy? Freud? Bueller?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by H.C.Trouble
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1704 / -114
Re: 10 Things About You That Others May Not Know
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »
1. People misinterpret many of my posts because I don't use emojis.

2. I've been telling people on flame forums to protect their own PI for over ten years.

3. Deep down I wish flaming wasn't dead, but it is.

4. I harbour no ill feelings about what goes on/ went on  in a flame forum.

5. Just because my wife is a chef doesn't mean I don't have to make  dinner almost everyday.

6.  I want Kawhi to say "five more years"

7.  My wife gets jealous when I play Blondie videos.

8.  My dog gets jealous when I watch the Littlest Hobo.

9. I drink cheap Canadian beer rather than imports.

10.  Fucking a clown like poofer up the ass doesn't appeal to me. 
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Bad and Boujee

• Activity:
    0%
  • Raindrop, droptop
    • Show only replies by Bad and Boujee
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1 / -124
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »
1. I own a Nintendo World Championship Grey cart that's worth 13k

2. I once took a shit in a JC Penny's dressing room cuz tacos

3. I fingered a co-worker I was training while taking an order at a table

4. I think Fraud is a genius

5. My kids are all honour roles students

6. I gave Bra1n my PI to be outted at Turd Fail

7. I got into a car accident where the car I was in did a complete 360 in the air and landed back on its tires

8. I've been stabbed twice

9. I don't do drugs

10. I do more podcasts then MitM
Rub it in your skin like lotion

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »
Ha ha, KM!

Putting a crap on the floor at #2. Brilliant!

Offline Shen Li

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Shen Li
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2867 / -1236
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 05:52:09 PM »
I. I'm a Deng baby. I'm a product of the now abandoned one child policy in China.

2. I came to Canada in grade 3.

3. Contrary to popular opinion, I do not hate whites.

4. I had bad acne as a teenager.

5. I have a black 9 in Kung Fu.

6. I'm quite shy in real life and it takes me a long time to let people get close to me.

7. My mother is my closest friend.

8. My stepmother is only 3 years older than me

9. I will be 35 in September.

10. Even though I have been in Canada over 25 years, my English deteriorates when I get pissed off.

Bonus fact about me: I was the only female to graduate from my program in university.
Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Powered By Coffee
    • Show only replies by Garraty_47
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1790 / -680
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 06:43:34 PM »
  • I
  • Don't
  • Do
  • Lists
  • Or
  • Other
  • Spastic
  • Herd
  • Mentality
  • Exercises

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Personal Text goes here
    • Show only replies by Captain Caveman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
1. I once took a shit diving and it wouldn't detach from my arse so I Karate chopped it with a fin...

2. I'm an OotA member...

3. My sport was dangerous kayaking without a pfd in shark infested rips for 5 years but I can't find the time for it much these days...

4. I almost lost a hand 20 years ago...

5. Impeccable RL manners...

6. Like the multimedia direction this game is expanding into.

7. I've moved a lot in my life...

8. Went to university for 1 year but have over 7 qualifications...

9. Subway Sandwich of Choice: steak and cheese (double meat), cheese, onion, pickles, olives, little bit of lettuce, no condiments or salt and pepper....

10. I can stand on one leg and kick with the other leg for over 15 minutes at a go...

:popcorn:

Dovey

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 10:12:56 PM »
 1. I was born left handed but forced to use my right, now I use both

2. I've only been on an airplane once, and it was to attend a funeral

3. I graduated from the "bad kid" high school because I was kicked out of regular high school for drinking scotch on the stairs.

4. I cannot sleep without noise in the back ground.  I also cannot wear socks in bed.

5. I'm afraid of mayo, June bugs and moths.

6. I'm extremely forgetful.

7. Displays of intense emotion, like crying, make me uncomfortable. Like....jump out of the window uncomfortable.

8. I have kept a jar of pickled butts that my grandmother made in every kitchen I have ever lived in

9. I view NA as a cult.

10. I love the smell of books.

Offline Shen Li

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »
1. I was born left handed but forced to use my right, now I use both

2. I've only been on an airplane once, and it was to attend a funeral

3. I graduated from the "bad kid" high school because I was kicked out of regular high school for drinking scotch on the stairs.

4. I cannot sleep without noise in the back ground.  I also cannot wear socks in bed.

5. I'm afraid of mayo, June bugs and moths.

6. I'm extremely forgetful.

7. Displays of intense emotion, like crying, make me uncomfortable. Like....jump out of the window uncomfortable.

8. I have kept a jar of pickled butts that my grandmother made in every kitchen I have ever lived in

9. I view NA as a cult.

10. I love the smell of books.

11. You are criminal white trash, just like your bf Herman.

Dovey

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »
11. You are white trash just like your bf Herman.

I thought this was ten things people didnt know?   Where did the plus one thing that's common knowledge come from?

Offline Shen Li

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 10:25:39 PM »
I thought this was ten things people didnt know?   Where did the plus one thing that's common knowledge come from?
When you two white trash losers started e-fucking each other. You and Herman are proof positive that white trash dysfunction is the world's only true renewable resource.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 10:31:20 PM »
1.  I have traveled very little abroad, but where I went was on the other side of the planet, Australia.

2. I am the eldest offspring in my family.

3. First to go to college on both sides of my family, second to earn a Master's degree.

4. I have a great Uncle that became a Roman Catholic Priest because of the carnage of WW2.  He is one of the kindest men I've ever encountered.

5. I was my grandmother's favorite granddaughter.  I was the only grandaughter to go and take care of her when she was bedridden and frail, changed Depends and all, even though I lived 190 miles away and my cousins live 20 miles away.  She always told me I was a gem and should always remember how precious I was.

6. I love gardening and have vegetable and ornamental gardens.

7.  I love my ex's as friends, but I haven't been in love.  I was married to a person from South America.  My children't Spanish accent is different than my own.

8. I used to love politics, but have gotten jaded and it's turned to like.

9.  I love drinking iced water.  I like beer and spirits. My favorite spirit is tequila.

10. I keep track of the moon on its monthly journey. I've passed on that love to my grandson.  He used to call it moona.  He combined "moon" with "luna" and hence, it was "moona".  He only added another layer of joy to my love for the moon.

Dovey

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 10:32:54 PM »
When you two white trash losers started e-fucking each other. You and Herman are proof positive that white trash dysfunction is the world's only true renewable resource.

Are you gonna finish that first sentence?

I actually really wanna know what happened :biglaugha:

Murdock

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 10:38:09 PM »
1. I am ambidextrous, but I shoot pool and ride a skateboard/surfboard left
2. I sleep in the middle of the bed with 5 pillows 
3. I was a Little League World Series contender twice
4. Hot tamales are my favorite candy 
5. Sunday is my favorite day of the week 
6. I hardly ever watch television 
7. I read tarot cards for my friends and I’m pretty good at it
8. I still go clubbing.. ever since I was 14
9. I’m a historic architecture junkie
10. When I was 15, my 19 yo college freshman boyfriend was sentenced to 12 years after he was arrested with 4 lbs of cocaine in Hawaii.  I had been with him since I was 13.  When I filed for divorce 3 years ago, I realized that I had never dealt with any of what had happened with my first love.  It was devastating to finally process ALL of that. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:24:44 AM by Murdock »

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Rennel_Feldswipe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +13693 / -2285
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 10:39:28 PM »

Yep.  Definitely Irish!   :thumbup2:

OK, I'll have a go.

#1 - I once got drunk and snorted a bunch of cocaine with Stevie Ray Vaughn. It was before he got famous. He was playing a week long gig in a small-venue bar, working his way up the chain, as it it were, and I just happened to be in the neighborhood and, well, I had nothing much else to do with myself back in those days, so I hung out there every night the whole week.

By the middle of the week we got to hanging out at the bar between sets, by the end of the week we were in the back snorting coke and laughing and having a good old time.  I even got to plug in this old tape machine I had to his boards and recorded the last few sets of his shows there on a metal cassette tape.

I remember saying to him through a fog of inebriation that he was going to be famous someday.  He smiled back at me and just said "I know." I can still see the way the red ruby in the center of his hatband winked in the lights of the little back room in that bar.  A place called Fitzgeralds in Berwyn, Illinois.  It's still there.

Anyway, I don't feel like typing #'s 2 through 10 just now. Anyone who knew Gurk knows it is in perfect keeping with who I am. I may or may not get around to it one of these days.

:drink:

(Edit)  Oh, and I lost that goddamned metal tape a long time ago.  It's probably sitting in a land fill somewhere, or in someone's garage ...
HaddingGurkMacGuinteyAtlasCollinsReggieEssentRennelFeldswipe

Offline Blurt

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 02:42:47 AM »
Hmm. An eclectic bunch.

Thanks for playing.

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 04:58:51 AM »
I wonder where in Australia Oak went...  :confused:

Offline Bad and Boujee

• Activity:
    0%
  • Raindrop, droptop
    • Show only replies by Bad and Boujee
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1 / -124
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 05:44:35 AM »
I wonder where in Australia Oak went...  :confused:

Burger king?
Rub it in your skin like lotion

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 06:16:48 AM »
Burger king?

Heh... we only have a small number of Burger King's here on account of some decades ago franchise copyright thing... so we have Hungry Jack's instead... all the same food and layout but with a different name only...

Some of the international airports do have the "Burger King" kiosks still... (because Americans need familiarity... lulz)

No Okie

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »
1. I and ambidextrous, but I shoot pool and ride a skateboard/surfboard left
2. I sleep in the middle of the bed with 5 pillows 
3. I was a Little League World Series contender twice
4. Hot tamales are my favorite candy 
5. Sunday is my favorite day of the week 
6. I hardly ever watch television 
7. I read tarot cards for my friends and I’m pretty good at it
8. I still go clubbing.. ever since I was 14
9. I’m a historic architecture junkie
10. When I was 15, my 19 yo college freshman boyfriend was sentenced to 12 years after he was arrested with 4 lbs of cocaine in Hawaii.  I had been with him since I was 13.  When
 filed for divorce 3 years ago, I realized that I had never dealt with any of what had happened with my first love.  It was devastating to finally process ALL of that.

So your a goofy foot?  I’m a switch footer. Best for peaky beach breaks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6