Author Topic: To the medicare for all fans, Bland, Lotus?  (Read 991 times)

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
Re: To the medicare for all fans, Bland, Lotus?
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »
Omfg.   :crazy:

Like a brick wall.

Are YOU willfully ignorant, Lotus?  Because it looks like it.

Whatever. Argue something thats not being said. I tried. You just refuse to even hear anything that holds your position to scrunity.

So you want to just ignore the 45,000 who die without medical care, the hundreds of thousands who are bankrupted, and the fact that life expectancy in the US is lower than that in many countries with single payer healthcare. 

I bet my life you won't ackowledge those facts.  You'll just make some claim about how I refuse to call your BS the truth.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 1    Gay (List of Rates | -10 Post Total)
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
I already said you can institute all kinds of preventative care programs AND STILL HAVE SINGLE PAYER.  But you completely ignored that, because it's inconvenient for your BS argument.  You want to go on pretending that preventative programs can somehow erase the need for EVERYONE to have access to healthcare.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 1    Gay (List of Rates | -10 Post Total)
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Dovey
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +16381 / -1886
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2019, 09:15:01 PM »
So you want to just ignore the 45,000 who die without medical care, the hundreds of thousands who are bankrupted, and the fact that life expectancy in the US is lower than that in many countries with single payer healthcare. 

I bet my life you won't ackowledge those facts.  You'll just make some claim about how I refuse to call your BS the truth.

No, Lotus i dont.

Because the points in the vodeo and the ones im making directly said our system is broken and hurting people. Im not sure how you missed the point entirely and chose to argue something NO ONE is saying.

You did not finish the video and you are not even taking the time to address what is being said.

You think that the points are "medicare for all is evil" and "we need to keep our sysyem, its awesome".

I honestly dont know if its worth it to even bother at this point, because you are so partisan that you are not even hearing whats being said.

Its like, you are intentionally pretending that im saying things im not. I have no clue how you ate deriving this from the video or anything i said.

Its incredible, really.

Again, maybe try some tit calming, deep breathing, open the mind a bit beyond "us vs them", and finish the video and reread what i SAID. Not what you THINK im saying.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2019, 09:15:52 PM »
I already said you can institute all kinds of preventative care programs AND STILL HAVE SINGLE PAYER.  But you completely ignored that, because it's inconvenient for your BS argument.  You want to go on pretending that preventative programs can somehow erase the need for EVERYONE to have access to healthcare.

No because this was directly addressed and you are completely ignoring whats being said because its convenient for YOUR narrative.

I would like for you to show where anyone, Dr Zdogg OR myself said anything about allowing anyone to go without access when the entire point is how we can work to get access to quality health care to everyone.

Please, be my guest.

Can you calm the fuck down and listen to whats being said?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2019, 09:18:36 PM »
No.  You and your doctor buddy are claiming we don't need single payer if we cut costs and institute more preventative care programs.  I already refuted both of those argument as not being germaine to the concept of single payer.  OF COURSE we need to cut costs, which single payer would do, and OF COURSE we need more preventative programs.  AND everyone needs access to healthcare, even if they have NO money.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »
 If you finish the motherfucking video youll see my "doctor friend" wasnt advocating trashing single payer or saying at all that anyone should go without access.

He was addressing hiw to make sure costs areclowered so everyone can get quality health care.

So where are you getting this shit exactly? Because that is NOT WHATS BEING SAID.  :crazy:

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Joe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
Omfg.   :crazy:

Like a brick wall.

Are YOU willfully ignorant, Lotus?  Because it looks like it.

Whatever. Argue something thats not being said. I tried. You just refuse to even hear anything that holds your position to scrunity.

I thought the doctor in the video was too simplistic & wasnt realistic about the cost of his proposal.

I gave the example of my dental bill.

Outside of private plans dentistry is not covered in Canada or the USA yet in Europe it is.

But something like that can take a huge chunk of change out of your paycheque.

and thats sn example of preventative healthcare.

Im sure other forms or procedures of preventative medicine can be just as costly even if a person is healthy.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
I thought the doctor in the video was too simplistic & wasnt realistic about the cost of his proposal.

I gave the example of my dental bill.

Outside of private plans dentistry is not covered in Canada or the USA yet in Europe it is.

But something like that can take a huge chink of change out of your paycheque.

and thats sn example of preventative healthcare.

Im sure other forms or procedures of preventative medicine can be just as costly even if a person is healthy.

Are you kidding?  All medical care in the US is incredibly costly, even when you have insurance.  I had a yearly exam recently, and my insurance covered ZERO dollars of some of the tests my doctor legitimately ordered.  People lose their houses over their medical bills -- even with insurance.  It's a giant scam.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Rennel_Feldswipe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +13693 / -2285
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »
Americans move to Canada for that reason & then don't move back  otherwise medical costs in their later years will bankrupt them.

So its nothin to be ashamed of.

Yes it is.  It makes them worthless piece of shit bums who stick their hands out and expect others to pay their way in life.

Bums can go fuck themselves and die in a ditch.  Why should I be taxed to give them anything they didn't earn for themselves?
HaddingGurkMacGuinteyAtlasCollinsReggieEssentRennelFeldswipe

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2019, 09:39:30 PM »
Yes it is.  It makes them worthless piece of shit bums who stick their hands out and expect others to pay their way in life.

Bums can go fuck themselves and die in a ditch.  Why should I be taxed to give them anything they didn't earn for themselves?

Well we have American citizens who become permanent rrsidents here & get state subsidized healthcare.

The leader of the Green Party of Canada was an American born and raised  in the USA.

Apparently shes not compkainin'

I believe she supports universal healthcare.

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
Well we have American citizens who become permanent rrsidents here & get state subsidized healthcare.

That they didn't contribute anything toward.  If I was a dumb assed Canadian, I'd be pissed at these freeloading pieces of garbage stealing from my nation's social safety net.

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2019, 12:44:17 AM »
Because just like the broken system we have here, yours has plenty of brokeness as well and why bother funding a broken system that hurts people when it there solutions that have BETTER outcomes?

For sure Dovey. Canada's system is bt no means perfect.

And it is no longer the best in the world.

It used to be ranked #1, but its been slipping in recent years & measures aroynd #8 or less in the world.

Some other countries rank nuch higher than Canada or the USA like Norway, Switzerland or the Netherlands.

If you want great healthcare then go to those places.

But they are also smaller countries with fewer people so they can spread their money around more efficiently & better allocate resources they have.

As far as Canada US comparison goes, of course you will find better doctors and level of care in Toronto than Nova Scotia. Lijewise you will find better healthcare for most of US citizenry in Hollywood Hills than rural Arkansas.

In that regard Canada probably isnt that much different than the US.Larger cities will have better doctors & healthcare than poorer centers.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2019, 05:19:30 AM »

You're an ass.  You know plenty of people work and don't get insurance through their jobs?  And you know plenty of people get laid off their jobs through no fault of their own and end up with no insurace?  And you also know plenty of people have insurance and still get bankrupted by their medical bills?  God forbid that should ever happen to you, you self-righteous, stingy, tight-assed, little-dicked, no-count maggot.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2019, 01:04:32 PM »
You're an ass.  You know plenty of people work and don't get insurance through their jobs?  And you know plenty of people get laid off their jobs through no fault of their own and end up with no insurace?  And you also know plenty of people have insurance and still get bankrupted by their medical bills?  God forbid that should ever happen to you, you self-righteous, stingy, tight-assed, little-dicked, no-count maggot.

I've been laid off before.  I've lost my insurance coverage before. I never whined about how unjust it all was and, most importantly, I never held out my hand like a fucking bum and demanded that the rest of you all pay my way in life.  I just pulled up my big boy pants and scraped together the ducats I needed to pay my own bills.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »
I've been laid off before.  I've lost my insurance coverage before. I never whined about how unjust it all was and, most importantly, I never held out my hand like a fucking bum and demanded that the rest of you all pay my way in life.  I just pulled up my big boy pants and scraped together the ducats I needed to pay my own bills.

Yeah.  And I bet you didn't get a million-dollar illness while you were unemployed, either.  There but for the grace of god, renal.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »

Which is why i support what Zdogg said in the video.

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »
Yeah.  And I bet you didn't get a million-dollar illness while you were unemployed, either.  There but for the grace of god, renal.

Actually, my wife has MS and the drugs she was on at the time cost over 5k a month.  She had to go off them for the year or so we had no insurance.  Did that hiatus make her illness worse?  I don't know, but what I do not do is hold other people accountable for our personal medical issues.

You don't owe me anything for me or my family's medical problems, Lotus.  Why is it you think I should pay for yours or anyone else's?

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2019, 04:43:11 PM »
Actually, my wife has MS and the drugs she was on at the time cost over 5k a month.  She had to go off them for the year or so we had no insurance.  Did that hiatus make her illness worse?  I don't know, but what I do not do is hold other people accountable for our personal medical issues.

You don't owe me anything for me or my family's medical problems, Lotus.  Why is it you think I should pay for yours or anyone else's?

Do you buy car insurance?  Life insurance?  Any other kind of insurance?  You're making other people pay if you ever file a claim.  Don't give me that shit, halfwit.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
Do you buy car insurance?  Life insurance?  Any other kind of insurance?  You're making other people pay if you ever file a claim. 

Er, yes, and in each of those cases the "other people" in the insurance pool are persons who voluntarily engaged in a business transaction.  When the "payee" is the taxpayer, as in your unicorn fantasy single-payer thingie, then that VOLUNTARY is removed from the equation at the point of a gun.

See?

It's one of those "liberty" things that you seem to have trouble understanding in your blind worship of the State.

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »

The government should step up to the plate & pay for her drugs & treatment.

She'd be covered if she was in Canada.

I'd be willing to help out a fellow Canadian with MS.

Come to think of it with my taxes and medical premiums I already do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6