Hillbilly Land

Dovey · 46394

buy lisinopril without pr, generic valtrex price com and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +16381 / -1886
Reply #40 on: October 03, 2020, 08:39:54 AM
I wouldn't suggest containers in a humid region, Dovey, especially if you are going for a partially or fully bermed set up.

The humidity builds up and you have to deal with mold and mildew. The power bills alone running dehumidifiers will kill you.

Plenty of container homes get built, sold, and the buyer regrets it down the road.

A better option in Northern Michigan is to buy a wooded lot, fell red or white pines, and use those to build a cabin the following year. Wood breaths, properly cured pines resist rot.

There are numerous time lapse tutorials on YouTube on how to do full log cabins with 1-2 people plus minimal tools. Throw a little bit of extra money at it, and you'll get some quick helps.

Trust me on this... one of my first jobs was at a log cabin builders. It might seem like a huge task, but steady as she goes it's doable.

I've also been interested in container builds for 20 years, and wouldn't do them in a climate that wasn't arid or semi arid.

We JUST learned this yesterday. Plus.....containers are best used in coastal states....not so much Michigan.

We are actually setting our sights on logs  :drunk2:

GBs family already built a log house up north. So there is experience with that.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 03, 2020, 08:43:18 AM
https://youtu.be/v_8ahrGd-M

This guy spent 6 years in Anchorage Alaska in a shell and he gave up....eventually.

Northern Michigan winters are chaotic and not too unlike some Alaskan winters.

All that lake effect snow..... you'll be miserable.

Yep.

We wont be up north, though. We will be in the rural area around lansing.

Still lake effect though but if it's completely unbearable we can just go inside my mothers house  :biglaugha:  I'm not gonna force a 4 year old to endure something that rough.

If we cant sleep in it over the winter,  we cant sleep in it. I'll just renovate it during the day.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 08:51:11 AM
Reminds me of the time I followed the Grateful Dead for a year in my VW Vanagon. 

There were tons of hardships, altercations with vegans who harvest their food from grocery stores, some good acid and some bad, dirty hippy girls with matted  pubic hair, too many seeds in the weed.

Living off grid looks fantastic but I'll stick with my family cottage on the water. It's just two 40 foot trailers on a lake but it costs next to nothing and we all pitch in. 

A getaway seems more reasonable to me than brewing my own beer in a forest for years.

We are getting land in an area that is out some but not so far out that you could die on the way to an ER or have an hour to reach civilization.

That's the family cabin....which is way out there and where everyone goes to hunt.

We want enough space to have animals and grow food et and be able to see stars at night.

I love the peace and "cleaness" of being out away from the Metro area. I want a town with a General Store.  Where there are people around....but not tons or even rude ones and where you see more cows and horses than plazas.

The area we want....you either find land at .33 acre or 56 acres. No one just sells 1 or 2 acres often.  Since we dont know fuck all about buying land....we are hoping the people who sell multiple acres will agree to just sell 1 or 2  :dontknow:

Offline Blazor

• View Profile
  • Rated: +5680 / -332
Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 12:03:14 PM
I wouldn't suggest containers in a humid region, Dovey, especially if you are going for a partially or fully bermed set up.

The humidity builds up and you have to deal with mold and mildew. The power bills alone running dehumidifiers will kill you.

Plenty of container homes get built, sold, and the buyer regrets it down the road.

A better option in Northern Michigan is to buy a wooded lot, fell red or white pines, and use those to build a cabin the following year. Wood breaths, properly cured pines resist rot.

There are numerous time lapse tutorials on YouTube on how to do full log cabins with 1-2 people plus minimal tools. Throw a little bit of extra money at it, and you'll get some quick helps.

Trust me on this... one of my first jobs was at a log cabin builders. It might seem like a huge task, but steady as she goes it's doable.

I've also been interested in container builds for 20 years, and wouldn't do them in a climate that wasn't arid or semi arid.

Thats really good advice right there.

I never thought about condensation build up in a container. If I had a container, I had thought about placing it inside a mountainside. Maybe that'll be the hidden back up spot if it ever happens lol.

I too was really interested in the self built cabin idea. I've seen a lot of videos and articles as well. That is my dream man, for a long time, a simple cabin on some land. I have to do a Land Loan first though, which complicates things due to needing more money up front. Unless it was less than 10 acres. But ya really dont have the room to hunt on just 10 acres. Kinda, but kinda not. 20 acres is what I want minimum lol, 100 would be a dream, but that'll never happen lol. I almost got 40 once, was very affordable, but the damn Land Loan bullshit got me.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Offline Blazor

• View Profile
  • Rated: +5680 / -332
Reply #44 on: October 03, 2020, 12:05:09 PM
We are getting land in an area that is out some but not so far out that you could die on the way to an ER or have an hour to reach civilization.

That's the family cabin....which is way out there and where everyone goes to hunt.

We want enough space to have animals and grow food et and be able to see stars at night.

I love the peace and "cleaness" of being out away from the Metro area. I want a town with a General Store.  Where there are people around....but not tons or even rude ones and where you see more cows and horses than plazas.

The area we want....you either find land at .33 acre or 56 acres. No one just sells 1 or 2 acres often.  Since we dont know fuck all about buying land....we are hoping the people who sell multiple acres will agree to just sell 1 or 2  :dontknow:

You dont want just an acre or two, trust me. A .33 is very tiny, thats a backyard here in the city lol. In your case, get you 5 acres, minimum.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
Reply #45 on: October 03, 2020, 01:12:18 PM
Do it, Joe!!

I've been talking about it forever and here I'm 40 and I havent done a thing to make it happen....well besides repairing my credit  :biglaugha:

Me and the girls have been "studying" camper life.  Our camper is 3 seasons....so we are making insulating blocks for the windows.

We are also gonna remodel this thing. Get rid of the old lady floral patterns and rip out the sleeper sofa and put a "bed couch" there. Like a large, built in deep couch with storage underneath.

There is all kinds of stuff you can do with those campers..its not even expensive, you can do it all yourself.  People convert them into tiny homes and it's pretty cool what they do.

Its gonna be an adjustment for sure and I dont wanna get eyeball deep in this and wanna rush the process. Like "hurry up and get out of this camper"....so we are finding ways to make it more a tiny home than a camper.

We just wish we could keep our cats and Guinea pigs in there with us but there is no way. Maybe two of the cats can be camper cats but they will have to live inside my mothers house and come spring we will build an outdoor piggy hutch. Until then they have to stay inside my moms house as well. I have no idea how cold it will get in the camper and piggies can freeze too death
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:44:07 PM by Joe »

Offline TheProwler

• View Profile
  • Rated: +1178 / -63
Reply #46 on: October 04, 2020, 12:45:42 AM
I went to Home Hardware (Yes we got one in Canada too)

FYI, Home Hardware is Canadian.  Head Office is close to me, in St. Jacobs, Ontario.

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +12204 / -5007
Reply #47 on: October 04, 2020, 01:08:24 AM
If I lived in Canduhduh, I'd smuggle gun into it continuously. I'd be a fukin gazillionare.

Offline Rennel_Feldswipe

• View Profile
  • Rated: +13693 / -2285
Reply #48 on: October 04, 2020, 01:52:21 AM
If I lived in Canduhduh, I'd smuggle gun into it continuously. I'd be a fukin gazillionare.

I've been to Canaduh a few times --illegally, of course, -- by canoe a few ties, and by backroads all the other times.

Never seemed much different from the places that weren't Canaduh to me.

HaddingGurkMacGuinteyAtlasCollinsReggieEssentRennelFeldswipe

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1704 / -114
Reply #49 on: October 04, 2020, 08:49:26 PM
I wish dovey well with her hillbilly she-shed. 

Realistically you have to have some money to buy good land and more money to build something decent.

You can't borrow money to live in the woods.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical x 1    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
Reply #50 on: October 04, 2020, 09:02:51 PM
Our house is built out of 6 20' by 12' containers. Massively insulated with a marquee at the rear which is actually a sound reducing night club room with double breeze block walls. The entire house has a natural hay bale insulation and is completely self sufficient in electricity and water.

Built for £255,000 it is now worth £3.4 mill.

That's hillbilly.

:popcorn:
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome! x 1    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 10 Post Total)

Offline Fashionista

• View Profile
  • Rated: +1623 / -151
Reply #51 on: October 05, 2020, 11:14:43 AM
We are making a list of pieces of land to go view  :beerbang:

We want to buy some land go for homesteading. We have talking about it forever and with the revolution upon us, we want to get this process started.

Instead of getting some old fixer upper, our plan has changed into getting land and living in a camper while we build our house. Possibly out of shipping containers.

Not totally sure on that one but we have been really researching doing that.
Some days I'd like to move to a rural area..

But, I'd miss things about cities too.

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 05, 2020, 01:57:18 PM
I wish dovey well with her hillbilly she-shed. 

Realistically you have to have some money to buy good land and more money to build something decent.

You can't borrow money to live in the woods.

People finance land all the time.

We want to outright buy it, or least give a down payment if over half the cost.

Are you concerned about our finances, H?

We dont want some 30 year mortgage. We have very little debt and want to keep it that way  :beerbang:

Dropping money on something decent means different things to everyone. Some people are more extravagant and some are practical. Lifestyles and expectations vary.  Some people like to buy everything new. Some...like me....avoid buying most things new. I like to repurpose things and used reclaimed materials as much as possible and it's not even about money, but saving money is always a bonus. We are pretty creative bunch ♡
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:16:34 PM by Dovey »
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome! x 1    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 10 Post Total)

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 05, 2020, 02:06:20 PM
Actually Dovey, I've slowly found out, that it doesn't cost too much to build something like a small 2 or 3 br cabin. With a hammer and nails, you could probably do it yourself or get someone else to help out.

I went to Home Hardware (Yes we got one in Canada too) and they told me that a person can buy prefab housing packages they sell by the squad foot.

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/buildings-kits/c/1525535413054

And it's cost competitive compared with buying a camper or trailer. Plus you could add onto the structure gradually over time, say a couple of years, buying another building module, rather than being obligated to build it at once. At least where I live, it's also easier to get financing, cuz the banks here won't finance the purchase of land only. However if a person has the intent to build within 12 months, they will. I think they call that 'laying down a slab' or putting concrete foundations into the ground.

But what the buyer has to pay for in addition to that, is the electrical, plumbing, insulation interior finishing & pay for permits/building inspections of course.

But it's still doable and conforms to local building does.

We already have a camper.  :biglaugha:

Let me clarify that I'm married and I have a 17, 15 and 4 year old and a mother that is going to be living with us.

So we need 4 bedrooms and an attached living space for my mother with her own bathroom/kitchen/bedroom. Like a house with an added studio. Or a tiny house for her...like a southern mother in law cottage.

You can build with logs or customize manufactured houses....there are all kinds of options. My husband and his dad built the family cabin up north that we all go to from logs. Logs they got from the trees that were on the property. It's a great cabin.

But we are gonna use what we already have while we do this

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 05, 2020, 02:28:33 PM
Our house is built out of 6 20' by 12' containers. Massively insulated with a marquee at the rear which is actually a sound reducing night club room with double breeze block walls. The entire house has a natural hay bale insulation and is completely self sufficient in electricity and water.

That's hillbilly.

People get trained into socioeconomic class traditions and kinda snub or feel uncomfortable with decisions that go outside of that training.

Like right now I'm butting heads with my upper middle class mother in law because shes brainwashed into the tradition of sending high school grads right to uni.  Something I view as incredibly irresponsible and stupid.

My oldest graduates next year. She pretty well knows what she wants to go into. And she can live at home, work part time and do her generals at the community college.  Every university here accepts community Gen Ed's.

Why....WHY spend more on generals than you have to?  Plus she needs to learn the rhythm of life. Budgeting, saving, handling bills and expenses....before shes away from home spending tons of money on generals while learning to binge drink and be a communist.

Kids being sent to university before they even know wtf they want end up either dropping out, having crippling and insane student loan debt, or ending up with shit degrees or in a career they hate.  No one should set foot in a uni unless they absolutely know what degree they want.

My oldest can finish gen eds....get used to balancing life and save money and then go into her program.

I know people who refused to go to college and went into trades and they are doing awesome. Their families were pissed.

I dont know why so many people think there is one way to do life....but eh. A lot is rooted in keeping up with the Jones.  Look how badly that mentality fucked up Christmas. It's so marketed and material now. Who the fuck started dropping thousands on Christmas gifts for kids?!  Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

The Jones are boring as fuck.

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1704 / -114
Reply #55 on: October 05, 2020, 11:02:48 PM
Are you concerned about our finances, H?

Not really, everybody on the internet is rich.

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical x 2    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 10 Post Total)

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
Reply #56 on: October 06, 2020, 07:06:07 AM
People get trained into socioeconomic class traditions and kinda snub or feel uncomfortable with decisions that go outside of that training.

Like right now I'm butting heads with my upper middle class mother in law because shes brainwashed into the tradition of sending high school grads right to uni.  Something I view as incredibly irresponsible and stupid.

My oldest graduates next year. She pretty well knows what she wants to go into. And she can live at home, work part time and do her generals at the community college.  Every university here accepts community Gen Ed's.

Why....WHY spend more on generals than you have to?  Plus she needs to learn the rhythm of life. Budgeting, saving, handling bills and expenses....before shes away from home spending tons of money on generals while learning to binge drink and be a communist.

Kids being sent to university before they even know wtf they want end up either dropping out, having crippling and insane student loan debt, or ending up with shit degrees or in a career they hate.  No one should set foot in a uni unless they absolutely know what degree they want.

My oldest can finish gen eds....get used to balancing life and save money and then go into her program.

I know people who refused to go to college and went into trades and they are doing awesome. Their families were pissed.

I dont know why so many people think there is one way to do life....but eh. A lot is rooted in keeping up with the Jones.  Look how badly that mentality fucked up Christmas. It's so marketed and material now. Who the fuck started dropping thousands on Christmas gifts for kids?!  Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

The Jones are boring as fuck.

An American with a degree is the epitome of an over educated Walmart worker.

Sort out some jobs for these expensively educated kids first then think about the education system.

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Personal Text goes here
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
Reply #57 on: October 06, 2020, 11:24:18 AM

That's hillbilly.

You don't get much past freezing in the winter...

Dovey would...

And her summer would be humid as all fuck.

She'd be scraping green off all her internal shit.

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Personal Text goes here
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
Reply #58 on: October 06, 2020, 11:25:12 AM
Actually Dovey, I've slowly found out, that it doesn't cost too much to build something like a small 2 or 3 br cabin. With a hammer and nails, you could probably do it yourself or get someone else to help out.

I went to Home Hardware (Yes we got one in Canada too) and they told me that a person can buy prefab housing packages they sell by the squad foot.

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/buildings-kits/c/1525535413054

And it's cost competitive compared with buying a camper or trailer. Plus you could add onto the structure gradually over time, say a couple of years, buying another building module, rather than being obligated to build it at once. At least where I live, it's also easier to get financing, cuz the banks here won't finance the purchase of land only. However if a person has the intent to build within 12 months, they will. I think they call that 'laying down a slab' or putting concrete foundations into the ground.

But what the buyer has to pay for in addition to that, is the electrical, plumbing, insulation interior finishing & pay for permits/building inspections of course.

But it's still doable and conforms to local building does.

STFU, moron....

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: October 06, 2020, 12:29:00 PM

Not really, everybody on the internet is rich.

Either rich or on welfare.

No one is just regular. Lol.

Poofturd could never live the lifestyle me and my family live. He is anti gun. Even for hunting, he is again hunting
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:57:27 PM by Dovey »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6