Author Topic: WebTV Classic: Throwing Tumble A Bone  (Read 656 times)

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Powered By Coffee
    • Show only replies by Garraty_47
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1790 / -680
WebTV Classic: Throwing Tumble A Bone
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:50:59 AM »
Tumble = Temple
Obiwannosi = ThWAP
Kwirk = Poppy/Regan

I don't think you know the others; SunCe rarely posts anywhere now and KiNo (King Nothing) passed away in 2005.

------------------------------------
Throwing Tumble A Bone

[fade in]

Tumble is outside by the 'tard pool, resting on a tattered old lounge chair. He appears to be dozing, and laying open on his chest is a dog-eared copy of "Creeativ Spelling For Fun and Prophet; Forth Edishun".

[camera moves in for a close-up of Tumble's pocked face, as a thin line of drool runs down his chin and he begins to snore]

[fade out]

[cut to Sir Vitriol in his workshop]

Vit's rummaging through a box- occasionally picking up an item, looking it over, then dropping it back into the box. Finally, he seems to find one that satisfies him and takes it to a bench on the other side of the room. There's a vice on the bench, and Vit clamps the item into the vice. He then reaches to the wall behind the bench, and pulls down a hand saw. Vit puts the saw to the item, and begins to efficiently make a horizontal cut. Streams of dust fall regularly from alternating sides of the item.

[cut to a hallway- the walls and floors are squared fieldstone, the ceiling is made of large rough-hewn wooden beams]

Sir SunCe walks down the hall, easily making his way by the light of oil lanterns spaced comfortably apart along the walls. He's whistling lightly, almost soundlessly. He slows outside a sturdy door, and then stops. He seems to listen for a moment, then opens the door and walks into Vit's workshop.

SunCe: "Whatcha doing?"

Vit: "Hmm? Oh, hey dood. I'm making a present for Tumble."

[Vit continues to use a drill press, where it looks like he's hollowing out the same item he'd been sawing on earlier]

SunCe: "A present... for... *Tumble*?!?"

Vit: "Heh. You'll see. I'm gonna be busy for a while; want me to let you know when I'm ready to give it to him?"

SunCe: "Sure... I have a feeling I shouldn't miss this. Later!"

Vit: "See ya."

[SunCe returns to the hallway, shuts the workshop door, and stands there for a couple of seconds with a thoughtful look on his face. Then he shrugs, and continues down the hall]

[cut to Tumble, still sleeping in the lounge chair. He snorts, tosses his head twice, and opens his eyes. He yawns, stretches, then picks up the "Creeativ Spelling" book where it's landed on the ground beside him. He starts to read the book, but within a few seconds is nodding again. As the book slides once more to the sparse grass beneath his chair, he resumes his temporarily halted snoring.]

[fade out]

[fade in on Vit, at a different bench within the workshop. He's wearing padded coveralls, and wearing what looks almost like a welder's helmet and visor. With bulky leather gloves, he combines two vials of murky liquid, then pours the result into an already half-full beaker of some clear substance. The beaker rattles around on the bench for a while, and the stuff inside turns an evil-looking crimson shade. A hapless fly buzzes across the bench, and directly over the beaker. The fly bursts into flame and vanishes in a puff of ash. Vit grins.]

[cut to Obiwannosi striding down the hallway toward the door to Vit's shop. At the door, he turns and tries to open it, only to bounce off as the door refuses to budge. Muttering, he knocks on the door.]

Vit: "Come in, it's open."

Obi: "Like hell! You think I didn't already try that?"

[Vit opens the door from the inside]

Vit: "Sorry... guess I forgot to unlock it after I finished up with the chemicals. Better safe than- well, you remember what happened to Kwirk..."

Obi: "Heh. You have a point. The poor little numbskull never was the same after that."

Vit: "Wassup?"

Obi: "I ran into Sunny, and he said something I just couldn't believe. You *really* making a gift for Tumble, for crying out loud?"

Vit: "Absolutely. As soon as I finish one or two last details, I'm going to give it to him. Say, why don't you round up Sunny and meet me on the battlements in, say, twenty minutes? I'll bring you both up to speed."

Obi: "I think you've fuckin' lost it, but okay."

[Obi walks out, shaking his head]

[Vit walks over to the bench he'd originally been working at, and starts gently screwing a top piece down onto the one already in the vice.]

[cut to Tumble, face down on the lounge chair. A shadow passes partly over him, halts momentarily, then moves away.]

[fade in on the battlements atop Castle OOTIKOF]

Obi: "I'm telling you, it ain't right."

SunCe: "He's got his reasons, I'm sure."

KiNo: "Are you *sure* he was making something for that mook Tumble? He might've been making a birthday present for DTBW, and just didn't want anyone to tell her."

Obi: "I think he meant it, KiNo. It was weird."

Vit: "Talking about me behind my back, you fuckheads? Heh."

SunCe: "Dayum, dood. Don't sneak up on people like that."

Obi: "Alright, dammit. What the hell kind of drugs are you on?"

KiNo: "Funny... he doesn't *look* like a raving lunatic. No more than yesterday, that is."

Vit: "Bite me, KiNo. My, it's awfully bright out here, isn't it?"

[Vit produces a pair of dark sunglasses, and puts them on]

[SunCe KiNo and Obi look at each other]

SunCe: "Uh, it's almost dusk, mano. And the sun's behind us."

[Vit pulls out two more sets of shades, and hands one each to Obi and SunCe]

Vit: "I didn't know you'd be here, KiNo. Got sunglasses?"

KiNo: "Always carry my RayBans. Um, you really think I need them?"

[Vit grins devilishly]

Vit: "You just might. You very well just might."

[KiNo Obi and SunCe study Vit's diabolical grin, then hurriedly don the shades]

[cut to Tumble. He's laying on his side, and making erratic pawing gestures at thin air, grunting sporadically. As the camera pans back a bit, an alarm clock can be seen on the ground next the lounge chair. In a few ticks of the second hand, the alarm suddenly goes off with a raucous chiming. Tumble flies off the chair in a mighty spasm, then crawls to the alarm and flails at it blindly. After a few wild misses, he manages to disarm it... probably by luck.]

Tumble: "HmmphWozzat?"

[Tumble slowly gets to his feet. He staggers back and forth a few times, then seems to collect himself enough to remember his book and chair. He folds the latter, and bends to pick up the former...]

Tumble: "Ooooo, munchy!"

[Tumble drops his chair, and lunges for a discarded, partly chewed MilkBone® biscuit. He looks suspiciously around as if he might expect the bone's former owner to pop up and claim it, quickly stuffs the treat into his mouth, and begins to gum it zestfully]

Tumble: "Grrmpthmmmgahahaha!"

[cut to the battlements]

[Vit reaches into his jacket, and pulls out what looks to be a small remote control with only one largeish red button]

KiNo: "What you got there?"

[Vit pulls out a telescoping antenna from one end of the device]

Vit: "Darn it, I gave Tumble his present, but forgot to leave a card."

Obi: "Umm... huh?"

Vit: "I'll just have to think of some other way to let him know who it's from. I believe this ought to do it..."

[Vit presses the button]

[After the shockwave passed, and their ears stopped ringing- Vit, Obi, KiNo and SunCe look down the valley toward the 'tard pool. Where the 'tard pool used to be, anyway. All that's left is a mildly steaming mud pit.]

Obi: "Nice one. The 'tards are going to pissed, though, when they see what you did to their favorite wallow."

Vit: "There's a well of idiocy feeding the Pool. It'll fill back up soon enough."

KiNo: "Hot damn! Better than the 4th of July!"

SunCe: "Too bad that Rump idjit wasn't with him... speaking of which, you got any more of that stuff?"

Vit: "Buckets. It's easy to make, and not like it takes much to incinerate one of 'em."

[slow fade, roll credits]
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical x 1    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Dovey
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +16381 / -1886
Re: WebTV Classic: Throwing Tumble A Bone
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 10:11:11 AM »
 Nice!
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Herman

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Herman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3569 / -1025
Re: WebTV Classic: Throwing Tumble A Bone
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 10:14:25 PM »
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
Prairie Redneck

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6