Author Topic: Hillbilly Land  (Read 54888 times)

can you order valtrex onl, where to buy valtrex onli and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Blazor

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Blazor
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5680 / -332
Re: Hillbilly Land
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 12:00:53 PM »
He is afraid of me and a total pussy. Especially with another man around.

Getting him out of there shouldnt be too difficult.

I could photochop a pic of me and your mom fucking. You print that out and say hes been replaced, I bet he runs off like a bat out of hell  :biggrin:
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Dovey
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +16381 / -1886
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:11 PM »
I could photochop a pic of me and your mom fucking. You print that out and say hes been replaced, I bet he runs off like a bat out of hell  :biggrin:

He sits in his room "chatting" online with what he thinks are women.

Its disgusting. Him and my mother are divorced. He really convinced her they could be roommates.

He is monstrous. Total parasite piece of shit.

My mother and I were not speaking for a while there. So he probably was counting on that....no one is around to check him.

That's changing. He is already starting to kiss ass because shes been here over a week so he probably knows I know the shit he has been pulling.

Hopefully his dumbass is packing. We can hope.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by H.C.Trouble
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1704 / -114
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2020, 04:09:20 PM »
Not to be a backseat moderator but this interesting RV/homestead convo should be split from the main thread.

I love reading about how you hillbillies live.

Offline TheProwler

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by TheProwler
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1178 / -63
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 04:11:25 PM »
For anyone interested in boondocking, this is a great site:  https://freecampsites.net/

I'll try to describe my setup.  I could take pictures next time I have it in-place.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I built a raised plywood platform that fits the back area with the back seats down.

I had a custom high density mattress made at a mattress factory just a few kilometers from my house.  So the mattress fits the top of the platform perfectly.

The platform is raised about 6 inches.  Four plastic containers slide under the platform - two large, long ones in the back, 2 smaller ones in the side that you get to from the back doors.  There's a little bit of extra room and you can fit a bit of stuff next to the containers, but they are great, sealed containers that make packing easy, etc.

When on the road, the dog is in the back along with the Koolatron.   When parked, the front passenger seat is folded down and the dog bed goes on top of it and that is where the dog sleeps and the Koolatron goes on the driver's seat.  My wife and I sleep in the back.  It's cozy.  There's only a foot or so of breathing room to the roof once we are in.  We have screening and use masking tape to secure it to the window openings during warmer nights (and open the windows).

We have a rooftop carrier that holds our tent, cot, folding chairs, stove, BBQ, etc.  Anything that might be a little smelly goes there so we don't stink up the cabin.

When we stay somewhere for a few days, we usually set up the tent and move the mattress to the tent.  Sometimes we share the mattress - sometimes one of us sleeps on the cot.

Our Jeep is pretty capable and this setup allows us to get to spots that we couldn't haul a camper or a trailer.  That said, we do have the factory installed tow package that gives us a tow rating of 6500 pounds, so we have the option of hauling a trailer some day.

We also have been offered use of my sister's RV (my sister is very generous with her stuff), but one big problem with RV's (In my mind, I haven't ever actually gone on a trip in one) is that when you get somewhere, you have to take the whole RV with you if you want to do something in the city or wherever.  So you want to drive into the city and check out some attractions?  You have to take the whole RV.  I'm sure RV's work for some people, but my wife and I like to get out and see attractions around wherever we're staying, so I don't think it would be ideal.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome! x 1    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 10 Post Total)

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 06:08:37 PM »
Not to be a backseat moderator but this interesting RV/homestead convo should be split from the main thread.

I love reading about how you hillbillies live.

I have a friend I've known since childhood. He is a carpenter.

He lived in a tent in a camp ground for two years. Right through winter. Only paid for his phone, truck and a few groceries. He fished and hunted.

Bought a house with cash
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome! x 1    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 10 Post Total)

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 06:18:36 PM »
I have a friend I've known since childhood. He is a carpenter.

He lived in a tent in a camp ground for two years. Right through winter. Only paid for his phone, truck and a few groceries. He fished and hunted.

Bought a house with cash

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 09:27:08 AM »

I'm friends with Jesus too.

Split the thread already.

His name is Bob, actually. And no....I'm not making that up. He lives up in the UP and bakes cakes now.

Looks like someone split it.

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • Show only replies by The Scoundrel
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 09:37:35 AM »

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:49 AM »
For anyone interested in boondocking, this is a great site:  https://freecampsites.net/

I'll try to describe my setup.  I could take pictures next time I have it in-place.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I built a raised plywood platform that fits the back area with the back seats down.

I had a custom high density mattress made at a mattress factory just a few kilometers from my house.  So the mattress fits the top of the platform perfectly.

The platform is raised about 6 inches.  Four plastic containers slide under the platform - two large, long ones in the back, 2 smaller ones in the side that you get to from the back doors.  There's a little bit of extra room and you can fit a bit of stuff next to the containers, but they are great, sealed containers that make packing easy, etc.

When on the road, the dog is in the back along with the Koolatron.   When parked, the front passenger seat is folded down and the dog bed goes on top of it and that is where the dog sleeps and the Koolatron goes on the driver's seat.  My wife and I sleep in the back.  It's cozy.  There's only a foot or so of breathing room to the roof once we are in.  We have screening and use masking tape to secure it to the window openings during warmer nights (and open the windows).

We have a rooftop carrier that holds our tent, cot, folding chairs, stove, BBQ, etc.  Anything that might be a little smelly goes there so we don't stink up the cabin.

When we stay somewhere for a few days, we usually set up the tent and move the mattress to the tent.  Sometimes we share the mattress - sometimes one of us sleeps on the cot.

Our Jeep is pretty capable and this setup allows us to get to spots that we couldn't haul a camper or a trailer.  That said, we do have the factory installed tow package that gives us a tow rating of 6500 pounds, so we have the option of hauling a trailer some day.

We also have been offered use of my sister's RV (my sister is very generous with her stuff), but one big problem with RV's (In my mind, I haven't ever actually gone on a trip in one) is that when you get somewhere, you have to take the whole RV with you if you want to do something in the city or wherever.  So you want to drive into the city and check out some attractions?  You have to take the whole RV.  I'm sure RV's work for some people, but my wife and I like to get out and see attractions around wherever we're staying, so I don't think it would be ideal.

That's genius. Seriously.

We dont leave the state often. All the fun stuff to do here is all outdoors(imo). People who dont enjoy camping or hunting and stuff like that dont really appreciate the state as much as those who do.

Unless they enjoy trafficking and drugs.....we do have Detroit and Flint

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »
What can I say?

I givz my public what they want.

:popcorn:

You the best

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 10:01:48 AM »

It's almost exactly like this. The grotesque old lady floral patterns are different in ours.

Offline Blazor

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 10:02:58 AM »
That's genius. Seriously.

We dont leave the state often. All the fun stuff to do here is all outdoors(imo). People who dont enjoy camping or hunting and stuff like that dont really appreciate the state as much as those who do.

Unless they enjoy trafficking and drugs.....we do have Detroit and Flint

I shouldnt have said RV....we have camper.  I'm not sure what year it is.....I think a 2006, it's a Jay Feather.

I'd post pics but we keep it stored at the cabin. I'll show it when we haul it. Its gotta be pulled with a truck.

I was never huge on having it, we bought it from a family friend several years ago and I call it cheating. That's not camping lol. It's pretty cozy.....its like a portable apartment.

I was all pissed off last year and gonna go live in it then....that's where Poofturds dumb fucking ass gets the "she was gonna live her van" because he is a fucking retard.

Fuck, did you buy my Dad's camper lol? He had a Jay Feather, around that year old lol. He parked it out back of his brick home, and lived out of it for several months instead of his home. Said to cut down on expenses. It was like a tiny apartment like you say. He use to have a boat he lived out of during the summer, but sold it, because the dock fees were high. I woulda bought it, but it was too heavy for me to pull. Well, I prolly could pull it, but my Jeep was rated to pull 2000lbs, because it didnt have enough stopping power.

I've never done Winter camping. I hate the cold. Plus most tents are only 3 season tents. The all season ones are expensive, but you can add a small wood burning stove to those.

I love camping. Havent done much this year cause of all the rain. Hoping to go some this month. Both the Harvest moon and Hunter moon are this month (blue moon), and the Hunter one is on Halloween.

Hillbilly Land, sounds like paradise lol. I'll bring my fiddle!  :musicboohoo:
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical x 1    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:20 AM »

Fuck, did you buy my Dad's camper lol? He had a Jay Feather, around that year old lol. He parked it out back of his brick home, and lived out of it for several months instead of his home. Said to cut down on expenses. It was like a tiny apartment like you say. He use to have a boat he lived out of during the summer, but sold it, because the dock fees were high. I woulda bought it, but it was too heavy for me to pull. Well, I prolly could pull it, but my Jeep was rated to pull 2000lbs, because it didnt have enough stopping power.

I've never done Winter camping. I hate the cold. Plus most tents are only 3 season tents. The all season ones are expensive, but you can add a small wood burning stove to those.

I love camping. Havent done much this year cause of all the rain. Hoping to go some this month. Both the Harvest moon and Hunter moon are this month (blue moon), and the Hunter one is on Halloween.

Hillbilly Land, sounds like paradise lol. I'll bring my fiddle!  :musicboohoo:

Maybe? Lol.  We bought it from friends of my father in law. I thought it was dumb at the time as when we do go to the cabin or camping we dont sit around inside of it. We are outside the vast majority of time. We got it for 4200, which is a really good deal for what we got and it's in excellent shape. We are kinda looking for a slightly larger one and to trade this one in...but eh....there is no solid reason to do that if we are gonna stay at my mothers through the whole process. First plan was to buy the land and put the camper on the land and live in it while we built the house.

I call it yuppy camping.... with these campers.  All the people from suburbia get these portable apartments and "go camping" almost all summer in camp grounds. To me....the whole point is to get away from all that business.  These guys just move the neighborhood to a camp ground so you have all these campers next to eachother. It's kind of funny lol.

Bob didnt have an all season tent. He is just a fucking lunatic. In the winter he wore long john's and used thermal sleeping bags lol. He was always kinda feral.

We havent done any camping this year at all. We are gonna be making up for that

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by lokmar
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +12204 / -5007
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »
2 kinds of RV's in this world, new junk and used junk.

:biglaugha:
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical x 1    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Offline Blazor

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
Maybe? Lol.  We bought it from friends of my father in law. I thought it was dumb at the time as when we do go to the cabin or camping we dont sit around inside of it. We are outside the vast majority of time. We got it for 4200, which is a really good deal for what we got and it's in excellent shape. We are kinda looking for a slightly larger one and to trade this one in...but eh....there is no solid reason to do that if we are gonna stay at my mothers through the whole process. First plan was to buy the land and put the camper on the land and live in it while we built the house.

I call it yuppy camping.... with these campers.  All the people from suburbia get these portable apartments and "go camping" almost all summer in camp grounds. To me....the whole point is to get away from all that business.  These guys just move the neighborhood to a camp ground so you have all these campers next to eachother. It's kind of funny lol.

Bob didnt have an all season tent. He is just a fucking lunatic. In the winter he wore long john's and used thermal sleeping bags lol. He was always kinda feral.

We havent done any camping this year at all. We are gonna be making up for that

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Joe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2020, 04:12:09 PM »
We are making a list of pieces of land to go view  :beerbang:

We want to buy some land go for homesteading. We have talking about it forever and with the revolution upon us, we want to get this process started.

Instead of getting some old fixer upper, our plan has changed into getting land and living in a camper while we build our house. Possibly out of shipping containers.

Not totally sure on that one but we have been really researching doing that.

I'm interested in doing the same, Dovey.

Gradually getting out of the city, getting a piece of land, building a small cabin.

Something like this, eh...

Same time, I think a lot of other people here up in Canada who have the same idea now.

So the price of recreational land will likely go up in price in the future.

A lot of Americans like this part of Canada because of its temperate climate & it isn't too cold like most of Canada is during the winter.

I think there are some people here who never go to the supermarket who live off the land here and fish out of the sea for sustenance.

Anyways, thanks for bringing up the topic. It's very motivational & give me a kick in the butt to do it.

Offline Dovey

• Chaos Queen
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
I'm interested in doing the same, Dovey.

Gradually getting out of the city, getting a piece of land, building a small cabin.

Something like this, eh...

Same time, I think a lot of other people here up in Canada who have the same idea now.

So the price of recreational land will likely go up in price in the future.

A lot of Americans like this part of Canada because of its temperate climate & it isn't too cold like most of Canada is during the winter.

I think there are some people here who never go to the supermarket who live off the land here and fish out of the sea for sustenance.

Anyways, thanks for bringing up the topic. It's very motivational & give me a kick in the butt to do it.

Do it, Joe!!

I've been talking about it forever and here I'm 40 and I havent done a thing to make it happen....well besides repairing my credit  :biglaugha:

Me and the girls have been "studying" camper life.  Our camper is 3 seasons....so we are making insulating blocks for the windows.

We are also gonna remodel this thing. Get rid of the old lady floral patterns and rip out the sleeper sofa and put a "bed couch" there. Like a large, built in deep couch with storage underneath.

There is all kinds of stuff you can do with those campers..its not even expensive, you can do it all yourself.  People convert them into tiny homes and it's pretty cool what they do.

Its gonna be an adjustment for sure and I dont wanna get eyeball deep in this and wanna rush the process. Like "hurry up and get out of this camper"....so we are finding ways to make it more a tiny home than a camper.

We just wish we could keep our cats and Guinea pigs in there with us but there is no way. Maybe two of the cats can be camper cats but they will have to live inside my mothers house and come spring we will build an outdoor piggy hutch. Until then they have to stay inside my moms house as well. I have no idea how cold it will get in the camper and piggies can freeze too death

Offline H.C.Trouble

• Chubby Chaser
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:43 PM »
Reminds me of the time I followed the Grateful Dead for a year in my VW Vanagon. 

There were tons of hardships, altercations with vegans who harvest their food from grocery stores, some good acid and some bad, dirty hippy girls with matted  pubic hair, too many seeds in the weed.

Living off grid looks fantastic but I'll stick with my family cottage on the water. It's just two 40 foot trailers on a lake but it costs next to nothing and we all pitch in. 

A getaway seems more reasonable to me than brewing my own beer in a forest for years.

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Personal Text goes here
    • Show only replies by Captain Caveman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2020, 03:17:49 AM »
I wouldn't suggest containers in a humid region, Dovey, especially if you are going for a partially or fully bermed set up.

The humidity builds up and you have to deal with mold and mildew. The power bills alone running dehumidifiers will kill you.

Plenty of container homes get built, sold, and the buyer regrets it down the road.

A better option in Northern Michigan is to buy a wooded lot, fell red or white pines, and use those to build a cabin the following year. Wood breaths, properly cured pines resist rot.

There are numerous time lapse tutorials on YouTube on how to do full log cabins with 1-2 people plus minimal tools. Throw a little bit of extra money at it, and you'll get some quick helps.

Trust me on this... one of my first jobs was at a log cabin builders. It might seem like a huge task, but steady as she goes it's doable.

I've also been interested in container builds for 20 years, and wouldn't do them in a climate that wasn't arid or semi arid.

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome! x 2    Shit Post!     Gay (List of Rates | 20 Post Total)

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Personal Text goes here
    • Show only replies by Captain Caveman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 06:38:58 AM »
Do it, Joe!!

I've been talking about it forever and here I'm 40 and I havent done a thing to make it happen....well besides repairing my credit  :biglaugha:

Me and the girls have been "studying" camper life.  Our camper is 3 seasons....so we are making insulating blocks for the windows.

We are also gonna remodel this thing. Get rid of the old lady floral patterns and rip out the sleeper sofa and put a "bed couch" there. Like a large, built in deep couch with storage underneath.

There is all kinds of stuff you can do with those campers..its not even expensive, you can do it all yourself.  People convert them into tiny homes and it's pretty cool what they do.

Its gonna be an adjustment for sure and I dont wanna get eyeball deep in this and wanna rush the process. Like "hurry up and get out of this camper"....so we are finding ways to make it more a tiny home than a camper.

We just wish we could keep our cats and Guinea pigs in there with us but there is no way. Maybe two of the cats can be camper cats but they will have to live inside my mothers house and come spring we will build an outdoor piggy hutch. Until then they have to stay inside my moms house as well. I have no idea how cold it will get in the camper and piggies can freeze too death
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:35:54 AM by Captain Caveman »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6