Author Topic: A fact-check of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s tax hike might prove more than intended  (Read 998 times)

Twitchy

A fact-check of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s tax hike might prove more than intended

[html]

None of this changes the fact that it's the Republicans who want Americans to keep more of their own hard-earned money.

The post A fact-check of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s tax hike might prove more than intended appeared first on twitchy.com.

Glenn Kessler, the Washington Post’s Fact Checker columnist, jumped into action Saturday after Rep. Steve Scalise retweeted a piece from Twitchy sister site Hot Air regarding Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s planned tax hike on income over $10 million. Her plan is for a 70 percent tax rate, although her policy team (jokingly) apologized for not yet talking her up to 90 percent.

To be fair, Scalise is oversimplifying here, but it seems a formal fact-check was warranted anyway.

So wait … then where is all of the money for Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal going to come from?

Yep.

This thread was inspired by another tweet, but it’s worth working in here:

But Ocasio-Cortez has already made her plan to fund Medicare for All perfectly clear: “You just pay for it.”

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

MacGuffin

I love how she keeps the party against progress head's spinning.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by deport_liberals
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5119 / -3254

I much prefer her to the old battleaxes like Pocahontas, teh PIAPS, and Palaeolosi.

Offline Phester0boyle

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Phester0boyle
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +559 / -36
I'd hit it.
Chuck you...….Shummer

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by deport_liberals
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5119 / -3254
I'd hit it.

My sources are telling me she was a camgirl under the nickname Sandy...

{alt}

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by lokmar
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +12204 / -5007
The simple fact is, the bulk of taxes the democRATs foist on people are carried by the middle class.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74

No, it's a "simple fact" that she's wrong.  Lokmar said so, albeit without any references or facts.

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
No, it's a "simple fact" that she's wrong.  Lokmar said so, albeit without any references or facts.

Yea, listen for a change.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
Twitchy, are you a billionaire?  If not, I wouldn't really worry.

BTW, the top tax rate under CON Raygun was 90%.  Could someone link to authoritative sources that quantify the suffering that caused millionaires at the time?
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

MacGuffin

I am almost certain that Lugnut is unfamiliar with facts, or at least what consitutes a fact.

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Twitchy, are you a billionaire?  If not, I wouldn't really worry.

BTW, the top tax rate under CON Raygun was 90%.  Could someone link to authoritative sources that quantify the suffering that caused millionaires at the time?

Whatever liar. He got it lowered. In all the time you morons have been trying to sell that bullshit, like two fukin morons who fucked up were found to have actually paid it. All them other assholes started tax shelters galore. Just ask all them democRATs with initials for names. Reagan lowered the rates and the goobermints all of a sudden had record income. PWN3D!

What are you? In your 30's? Cause your dumb ass keeps repeating all the fail dems have gotten PWN3D! on for 20 fukin years now!

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

I am almost certain that Lugnut is unfamiliar with facts, or at least what consitutes a fact.

You dumb bitches never saw a real fact you couldnt ignore. PWN3D!

Offline Lemon

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Lemon
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +80 / -67
The simple fact is, the bulk of taxes the democRATs foist on people are carried by the middle class.

What about Trump’s wall tax?

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
What about Trump’s wall tax?

I paid my share and then some. I'd gladly pay more and probably will when my next big greedy capitalistic check rolls in. Tell ya what, I'll pay YOUR share next time! PWN3D!

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
I paid my share and then some. I'd gladly pay more and probably will when my next big greedy capitalistic check rolls in. Tell ya what, I'll pay YOUR share next time! PWN3D!

Please do so.  You ought to be good for something.

Offline Phester0boyle

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Phester0boyle
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +559 / -36
Can this be TRUE??
"Congresswomen Cortez, from New York city, has been selected to be on the house finance committee, her credit score is 430 and has had two checking accounts closed, along with two sheriff evictions."
Chuck you...….Shummer

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show only replies by Oliver Clotheshoffe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877

...her credit score is 430 and has had two checking accounts closed, along with two sheriff evictions...

If that's true it sounds like she would be perfect for handling government finances  :crampe:

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912

If that's true it sounds like she would be perfect for handling government finances  :crampe:

If Trump weren't such a slick crook, and he actually had a credit rating, I wonder what it would be after all his bankruptcies, all his unpaid bills, and all his illegal shenanigans.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
Can this be TRUE??
"Congresswomen Cortez, from New York city, has been selected to be on the house finance committee, her credit score is 430 and has had two checking accounts closed, along with two sheriff evictions."

Where's this from Buttbart.com?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6