Author Topic: Ok you boring cunts  (Read 4541 times)

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • Show only replies by The Scoundrel
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
Re: Ok you boring cunts
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 05:57:09 PM »
Flames naturally just happen,

Opportunity is easy...

Motivation is more difficult

Couldn't agree more. I suggested a match to provide a little motivation.

Flame matches usually run to 4-5 pages. The flame wars started in the aftermath can last for 100 and spark rivalries that can outlast the board.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline kooch

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Herr Doktor
    • Show only replies by kooch
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1461 / -673
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 07:17:24 PM »
POC are subhuman

We're talking about flaming dear, not reality.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 08:35:58 PM »
We're talking about flaming dear, not reality.

Offline BEnzo

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by BEnzo
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2970 / -6960
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:32 AM »
It’s just not the same. Look at my FB challenge post

I gave everyone the opportunity to flame me to hell and back. At TRF, it have been on page 5 by now. I think flaming probably died with Bra1ns common sense

Yeah, it's done. TRF had a good mix and for a long time we baked some damn good brownies. Now the choc chips are in one place, the oil someplace else, CW has the mixer, fuckin' Bra1n shut off the power, and here we hold the box of powder (Ghirardelli, which includes the chips btw).

This shit isn't going to get forced. Doesn't work that way, not over the long term, which is what matters considering the bills never stop.

That PYP two years ago was the last great match, and I say that having had almost no involvement in it.

Anyway, I'll be here until the end, that's a guarantee.

PEACE!

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
So who is Emily?

RIGHT THERE, in a fucking nutshell, is the fatal flaw in your whole "Flame" paradigm.

Emily is an anonymous internet persona.  That's all you need to know.  You don't need to pre-write a bunch of bullshit about Emily's mom, or her ethnicity, or her kids, or her job.  You just deal with what's in front of you.  If that scares you, you don't really understand what flaming is but you're still addicted to the same lame game that's been driven into the ditch years ago but can't quite die because every few months someone shows up and gets nostalgic for the Imaginary Good Times.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »
RIGHT THERE, in a fucking nutshell, is the fatal flaw in your whole "Flame" paradigm.

Emily is an anonymous internet persona.  That's all you need to know.  You don't need to pre-write a bunch of bullshit about Emily's mom, or her ethnicity, or her kids, or her job.  You just deal with what's in front of you.  If that scares you, you don't really understand what flaming is but you're still addicted to the same lame game that's been driven into the ditch years ago but can't quite die because every few months someone shows up and gets nostalgic for the Imaginary Good Times.

Preach, brother.   

The other sounds like PI insults.

That nostalgia is shared by many, some we've known for more than a decade. These folks are stuck.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:27:57 PM by Oak »

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 04:38:39 PM »

What a fuckin idiot. You come out squawking like a burst helium blimp that 'I' don't understand the game and I somehow need personal information on this character.

By making that statement you show yourself to be a clueless prick.

Just so you understand how fuckin dumb you really are I'll explain it to you.

When a flamer enquires about a nic they are unaware of they have no desire for PII. We don't want a persons age, sex, location, marital status, bodymass, political inclination, residential status, or how many fuckin Twinkies they eat on an average week

So what.else could one anonymous personality want to know about another?

See, because you flapped your enormous gums before you considered the question you managed to miss the point entirely?

The only fuckin thing I would want to know is where else they post. Do they have another nic here and are they better known under another nom de plume?

That's the only information a flamer would need.

You are dumber than a brick in Trump's wall ya fuckin retard.

Go beat your sloped forehead against the door ya daft cunt.  :popcorn:

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 04:43:53 PM »
What a fuckin idiot. You come out squawking like a burst helium blimp that 'I' don't understand the game and I somehow need personal information on this character.

By making that statement you show yourself to be a clueless prick.

Just so you understand how fuckin dumb you really are I'll explain it to you.

When a flamer enquires about a nic they are unaware of they have no desire for PII. We don't want a persons age, sex, location, marital status, bodymass, political inclination, residential status, or how many fuckin Twinkies they eat on an average week

So what.else could one anonymous personality want to know about another?

See, because you flapped your enormous gums before you considered the question you managed to miss the point entirely?

The only fuckin thing I would want to know is where else they post. Do they have another nic here and are they better known under another nom de plume?

That's the only information a flamer would need.

You are dumber than a brick in Trump's wall ya fuckin retard.

Go beat your sloped forehead against the door ya daft cunt.  :popcorn:

Why do you need to know any of the information you want?  What purpose does it serve?

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Powered By Coffee
    • Show only replies by Garraty_47
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1790 / -680
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »
Why do you need to know any of the information you want?  What purpose does it serve?

Knowing what other nyms a person might be known by isn't "important" as such, but can be informative.

If we found out a "new" nym was actually the poster formerly known as TheAmazingSting, I assure you that would be relevant information in a number of ways. Same for pretty much anyone who's been around or was around back in those fabled busier days in flametown.

It's a factoid, nothing more or less, but sometimes a factoid can hold a whole lot of meaning.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »
Knowing what other nyms a person might be known by isn't "important" as such, but can be informative.

If we found out a "new" nym was actually the poster formerly known as TheAmazingSting, I assure you that would be relevant information in a number of ways. Same for pretty much anyone who's been around or was around back in those fabled busier days in flametown.

It's a factoid, nothing more or less, but sometimes a factoid can hold a whole lot of meaning.

I don't know who Emily Friday is, nor do I need to know. 

Seems to me that people want to dig up old shit to come back at posts from flamers like Emily.  Why not come back at these posters based on what you see posted?

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »

See what Vit posted. I can't be arsed with you.

Too dumb to converse with.  :popcorn:

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 05:17:59 PM »
See what Vit posted. I can't be arsed with you.

Too dumb to converse with.  :popcorn:

You're too lame to flame what's in front of you.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 05:49:14 PM »
I didn't miss the fuckin point, ya schmuck.  I've been reading "flamers" for a fukkin decade already, and I know quite well what they are looking for.  And it's not what you say it is.

I feel sorry for you but not for what you call "the game."  That "game" is dying because the people who think they "know" it are hopelessly, hideously STUCK in a paradigm that a small ass number of them created out of the mistaken belief that "flaming" could exist as a free-standing sport.

Fuck, man...any real troll can tell you that flaming is merely one of the three, or maybe five, essential tools in a troll's toolbox.  But it's only ONE of those tools.  And in its pure form, flaming is done against what warriors call "targets of opportunity."  Real time, WYSIWYG. 

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »
It's a factoid

I'm not going to argue with Vit on this point, because I've seen his work.  In my recollection, he's a "clean" flamer who doesn't resort to PI even if he's losing an exchange.  And that makes him one of the exceptions that proves the rule.

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
In my recollection, he's a "clean" flamer who doesn't resort to PI even if he's losing an exchange. 

The only worthwhile flamers don't resort to PII. It's piss fuckin weak and the second you resort to it you lose.

That's not to say that when Caskur consistently posts about the gargantuan amounts of food she eats that it's not fair game to flame her on it or Pickles posts one of his hilariously lispy commentaries and he gets called a squeaking queen it should go ignored.

The general rule is that if someone posts PI in Flametown then they should expect to get flamed on it. If the PI has been mined then it's really bad etiquette to use it.

Don't even get me started on whether Flea posts her own pics or her daughters. That's some dark shit.  :popcorn:

The Queen Bee

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »
I’ve never posted my children’s pictures so shut the fuck up

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
I’ve never posted my children’s pictures so shut the fuck up

I did say don't start me.  :crampe:

Offline Garraty_47

• Loquacious AF
  • Activity:
    0%