Author Topic: Pocahontas offers the peace pipe folks  (Read 1472 times)

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
Re: Pocahontas offers the peace pipe folks
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 04:46:13 PM »
Yeah, it is

but in the scheme of things - the whole fucking place is full of hate - who gives a rats ass what she put on some form - I made up enuf bullshit on resumes to fucking fill a cow pasture - who don't

I had a co-worker who was married to a Mexican guy.  She used his last name to apply for grants as a Latina.  Everyone bullshits at some time or other.  I also had a black co-worker who was from a privileged background, but boy, did she rake in those grants just for being black.  She didn't need them, but she sure took them.  Ultimately, often whites have no access to the same kind of funding minorities get.  So, yeah, some people fucking lie to get help and to get admissions when they aren't legacy kids. 

I want a leader who will do something for the people of this country.  I am sure Hillary lied a billion times in her life, AND she doesn't care about working Americans.  So, I'll take Warren.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

MacGuffin

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »
I had a co-worker who was married to a Mexican guy.  She used his last name to apply for grants as a Latina.  Everyone bullshits at some time or other.  I also had a black co-worker who was from a privileged background, but boy, did she rake in those grants just for being black.  She didn't need them, but she sure took them.  Ultimately, often whites have no access to the same kind of funding minorities get.  So, yeah, some people fucking lie to get help and to get admissions when they aren't legacy kids. 

I want a leader who will do something for the people of this country.  I am sure Hillary lied a billion times in her life, AND she doesn't care about working Americans.  So, I'll take Warren.

Exactly, it was a dumb thing to do on her part, but in the grand scheme of things, wgaf?   Trump lies all the time, and his base gulps it up.

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »

Exactly, it was a dumb thing to do on her part, but in the grand scheme of things, wgaf?   Trump lies all the time, and his base gulps it up.

And she calls him out for lying...all the time.  It's not okay for anyone to lie and take the place of someone who is from a traditionally disadvantaged group.

It's just not and we shouldn't justify it. It's disappointing to read the ends justify the means arguments.  :hmm:

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 01:04:29 AM »

Yup.  There is not a politician in the lot who hasn't lied at some point to get where the are -- I'll bet my life on it.  Please, can we just elect someone who cares more about the country than his or her own bank accounts?
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by deport_liberals
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5119 / -3254
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 02:25:56 AM »

I don't think you understand what has happened here.  Warren is done - this scandal is Hillary's emails x10.  It is all the press will talk about if she tries to mount a campaign. 

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »
That's pretty tragic.  The 900k Hillary took for speaking to banksters is far, far, far more egregious a sin than claiming Native ancestry (which Warren may actually have).  Any politican who is wheeling and dealing with the banksters is going to sell American workers down the river, guaranteed.  That should have received far more press than Hillary's emails.  And Trump's business dealings should be receiving more press than his moronic and nasty tweets.  This Native claim has very little to do with how Warren will serve the people.  Voters who think otherwise are sadly, once again, destined to vote against their best interests.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 04:14:12 AM »
{alt}

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »
{alt}

And yet, if you make a list of all the really awful and dangerous lies Trump has told, this supposed lie of Warren's would pale, I mean PALE in comparison.

AND, if you make a list of Warren's policies, and read that list against Trump's policies, it would be very easy to see which candidate is best for Americans.

Yet, people will run to the polls and vote based on their reaction to this one BS issue.

Americans are dumb as fucking fuck -- and I mean Americans on both sides of the aisle.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 05:10:03 PM »
There is a family story that has been handed down for several generations now, and repeated by EVERYONE in our family, that we are direct descendants of a certain famous academic guy.  I have always believed it, my mother believed it, my grandfather believed it.  I have told many people this guy is my ancestor, because I had no reason to doubt this story.

Only in the last couple of months while doing a family tree on ancestry.com have I come to realize this may not be true.

When Warren believed the family story and used it in applications, there was no ancestry.com.  Why wouldn't she believe what she was told, just like I did?  This should not be a problem.  Only hateful, partisan hacks are making it one.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »
There is no excuse for a blonde blue-eyed individual to write down "American Indian" on anything to identify themselves. 

None.   Why can't we be honest in this society?

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 08:17:22 PM »
That's utter horseshit.  I have a blonde, blue-eyed friend whose father was Native American.  My friend received reparations from the gov.  Don't know much about genetics.  SMH
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »
Funny how the actual Native American women in Con
in Congress look like this:

What a bunch of phonies!  I mean they're not 1/1024 Native like Warren.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:03:00 PM by Oak »

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 01:30:41 AM »
There is a family story that has been handed down for several generations now, and repeated by EVERYONE in our family, that we are direct descendants of a certain famous academic guy.  I have always believed it, my mother believed it, my grandfather believed it.  I have told many people this guy is my ancestor, because I had no reason to doubt this story.

Only in the last couple of months while doing a family tree on ancestry.com have I come to realize this may not be true.

When Warren believed the family story and used it in applications, there was no ancestry.com.  Why wouldn't she believe what she was told, just like I did?  This should not be a problem.  Only hateful, partisan hacks are making it one.

It seems like she was going back and forth there for a while.  It is one thing to have your family lore or whatever and another to use what you know is a special category to arrogate privileged status.  She was white when being white was advantageous and NA when that was advantageous, and now she seems to have gone back because once again America has shifted on this issue and now apparently "cultural appropriation" is the sin du jour. 

But aside from her reprehensibility, it is her clumsiness that ensures she will never be able to beat TRUMP.  Most campaigns can't survive even one apology, much less because with a 3 days apology tour.  The DNA test as well was quite idiotic - what did she think it would prove and to whom?  These are actions that can only lose supporters; they will never convince anyone who was already against her.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »

No shit, and REC. 

I, too, was gullible enough to believe the family fiction of my grandfather, which for all I know HE also believed.  But Ancestry gave me a dose of reality.  My surname, of which I'm historically quite proud, comes to me through a great-great grandMOTHER whose story is quite unsavory by church standards. 

Kind of liberating, actually, as it gives me a genetic basis for some of my own unsavory personal history.

Offline Phester0boyle

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Phester0boyle
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +559 / -36
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 11:40:27 AM »

Ya we know,...she's just kidding
Chuck you...….Shummer

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
No shit, and REC. 

I, too, was gullible enough to believe the family fiction of my grandfather, which for all I know HE also believed.  But Ancestry gave me a dose of reality.  My surname, of which I'm historically quite proud, comes to me through a great-great grandMOTHER whose story is quite unsavory by church standards. 

Kind of liberating, actually, as it gives me a genetic basis for some of my own unsavory personal history.

Easy enough for Warren to have looked in the mirror to know she wasn't Native American. One ancestor, in the past, doesn't define an entire ethnicity and we all know that.

On average Black Americans have about 25% Eudlpean dna. Do they identify as white?

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »
Easy enough for Warren to have looked in the mirror to know she wasn't Native American. One ancestor, in the past, doesn't define an entire ethnicity and we all know that.

On average Black Americans have about 25% Eudlpean dna. Do they identify as white?

When I said my great-great-grandmother was "unsavory," I wasn't speaking of her ethnicity but rather of her life circumstances.  This thread is not just about ethnicity, and the point I responded to raised the question of people being misinformed about their ethnicity by family lore at a time when DNA testing wasn't on the table.

As to your point about Warren and her mirror, I have known several people in my generation with native or Filipino/Pacific Island bloodlines in the 25% to 50% range who could have easily passed as white, based on appearance.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »
When I said my great-great-grandmother was "unsavory," I wasn't speaking of her ethnicity but rather of her life circumstances.  This thread is not just about ethnicity, and the point I responded to raised the question of people being misinformed about their ethnicity by family lore at a time when DNA testing wasn't on the table.

As to your point about Warren and her mirror, I have known several people in my generation with native or Filipino/Pacific Island bloodlines in the 25% to 50% range who could have easily passed as white, based on appearance.

I don't think it's that common, though also not rare to look white with that much "ethnic" dna.

But, this dumbass turns out to have 1/1024 Native, almost none or negligible.  I have no idea where she could have bought a clue, but she and her family were wrong about being American Indian.

I try to be empathetic to Natives, genocide, land stolen, thrown onto reservations as a lasting legacy and now their very own identities being stolen as well.

That's fucked up. And it matters, American Indian lives and cultures matter. At least a little respect is long overdue.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »

If you have a family of mixed race kids and most of them are clearly minorities but one could pass for white (like my friend.  she was the palest person in her family), then I guess the one who can pass has to just STFU and classify him/herself as white.  It would be disrespectful to do otherwise.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 09:50:50 PM »
I mean, how dare this woman pass herself off as Native?  She's too white.

Emma Pinky Clifford serves on the Board of Directors for the Oglala Sioux Lakota Housing Authority and as the first and only Native American Board Member of the National Low-Income Housing Coalition, a research and advocacy organization based in Washington, DC.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6