Author Topic: Pocahontas offers the peace pipe folks  (Read 1485 times)

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
Re: Pocahontas offers the peace pipe folks
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »
When Warren believed the family story and used it in applications, there was no ancestry.com.  Why wouldn't she believe what she was told, just like I did?  This should not be a problem.  Only hateful, partisan hacks are making it one.

No shit, and REC. 

I, too, was gullible enough to believe the family fiction of my grandfather, which for all I know HE also believed.  But Ancestry gave me a dose of reality.  My surname, of which I'm historically quite proud, comes to me through a great-great grandMOTHER whose story is quite unsavory by church standards. 

Kind of liberating, actually, as it gives me a genetic basis for some of my own unsavory personal history.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »
Easy enough for Warren to have looked in the mirror to know she wasn't Native American. One ancestor, in the past, doesn't define an entire ethnicity and we all know that.

On average Black Americans have about 25% Eudlpean dna. Do they identify as white?

When I said my great-great-grandmother was "unsavory," I wasn't speaking of her ethnicity but rather of her life circumstances.  This thread is not just about ethnicity, and the point I responded to raised the question of people being misinformed about their ethnicity by family lore at a time when DNA testing wasn't on the table.

As to your point about Warren and her mirror, I have known several people in my generation with native or Filipino/Pacific Island bloodlines in the 25% to 50% range who could have easily passed as white, based on appearance.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »

Ya we know,...she's just kidding

Tomi Lahren, you mean?

I don't think she was kidding.  I think she was disinforming.  Your president likes to call that shit "fake news," doesn't he?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6