Author Topic: Scoundrel bought a bass guitar, evidently  (Read 374 times)

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
Scoundrel bought a bass guitar, evidently
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
...so NATCH, he's gonna try and post music clips in the shoutbox instead of making a thread.

Vitriol says he used to have a bass.

I've had basses for years.

Let's talk bass right here.

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Scoundrel bought a bass guitar, evidently
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:36:07 PM »
...and I think Fatz has dabbled too.

(I'll post pics later if there is interest in the topic)

I have 2 basses now.  One is a guitar bass by Guild, semi-vintage, late seventies, B-50 with a piezo pickup built in...but mostly it's for sitting on the porch playing acoustic music like bluegrass with acoustic players.  I'm comfortable playing the stand-up bass but have never owned one.  At bluegrass parties, some other schmuck will have toted one in but drank too much corn likker and handed it over to me.  This bass replaced an Epiphone El Capitan that developed a heel joint issue.

My other bass is a Mexican Fender, a Jazz bass hot-rodded with a Precision pickup in the neck position.  It replaced a lovely Ibanez SGR 2000 which started having electrical problems.

I'm probably gonna cough up a yard and a half this spring for a new electric.  I have 2 candidates.

Can also talk about amps till hell freezes over.

What ya got, sports?

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

MacGuffin

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:48:18 PM »
I Highly recommend turning this up to 11, for at least the sexy Jack Bruce Bass line that opens it. But of course those of yuo that have known me over these last 20 or 30 years, were probably anxious to hear it once again.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:56:00 PM »
Jack Bruce was a god.

MacGuffin

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:40:05 PM »
Paul Chambers is not one of the top 3 or 4 Post Bop Modal Bass players you would think of probably,  but he knocks it out of the park, on this arguably best be bop jazz era recording.  (Again the intro demands studio volume levels. good Head Phones are cool too)

Offline FatBasted

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by FatBasted
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +0 / -17
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 02:25:38 AM »
...and I think Fatz has dabbled too.

(I'll post pics later if there is interest in the topic)

I have 2 basses now.  One is a guitar bass by Guild, semi-vintage, late seventies, B-50 with a piezo pickup built in...but mostly it's for sitting on the porch playing acoustic music like bluegrass with acoustic players.  I'm comfortable playing the stand-up bass but have never owned one.  At bluegrass parties, some other schmuck will have toted one in but drank too much corn likker and handed it over to me.  This bass replaced an Epiphone El Capitan that developed a heel joint issue.

My other bass is a Mexican Fender, a Jazz bass hot-rodded with a Precision pickup in the neck position.  It replaced a lovely Ibanez SGR 2000 which started having electrical problems.

I'm probably gonna cough up a yard and a half this spring for a new electric.  I have 2 candidates.

Can also talk about amps till hell freezes over.

What ya got, sports?
Yes indeed, I miss my 5 string Washburn, I loved that thing. I fell on hard times some years ago and had to part with it sadly. Along with a few of my geetars. I still have my Strat, Jackson Soloist and acoustic. I have some pix around as well I'll post when I find them. I think I have a few vids as well buried on a flash drive. I'll get another bass(5string) very soon!!! 
Lotusbud: "You do realize that with food and water shortages the plants and animals in the forest will also be dying, right?" :biglaugha:

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • Show only replies by The Scoundrel
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
Stanley Clarke and Bernard Edwards provide everything you need to learn how bass should work.

The bass I just bought is a 3/4 Tanglewood for my 13 year old to learn on. I used to have pretty much a full studio with pretty good kit. A Fender Jazz. A Strat. 2 SG's a few keyboards, a couple of lappys running a DAW and various effects. A few good mikes including a U87 saved from a previous life etc etc.

Now I have a lappy running Cakewalk a bit of a rack of early digital effects like Midiverbs and stuff. A couple of keyboards as triggers now I want some real instruments to make the sound a bit fuller. The bass is the first bit of that type of kit I have. As for amps, I tend to direct inject using a Zoom PS-02 as a pre amp and for the effects. I'll buy stuff as I see it and try to build something worth playing with.

It's already good but like every gear head I always want more and better.  :popcorn:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6