Author Topic: How to screw a forum 101  (Read 3151 times)

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
Re: How to screw a forum 101
« on: March 17, 2019, 07:52:31 AM »
 :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Interesting dissection.  Will you be doing other forums, like a series?

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 12:58:42 PM »
We did you in pm, thats why your not modding the flame forum. As nice a person as you may be you just dont get it. Or was that my Peaches is useless thread that did it? ah well maybe a bit of both.

Who is "we?"

And just for the record, although your confusion about who is modding our flame board is understandable, you really don't understand the TO&E of this forum very well ... so, talking as though you understand it merely makes you look like a sun-scorched night crawler.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:28:32 PM »

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 09:24:03 PM »
I agree with  --- ahem, with Wayne.

There are various routes to try and do it.  The posting of PI isn't one of them though. 

It does create management problems and needs to be rapidly responded to, but always even-handedly.  It's one of the reasons the CO board was always "snakebit" because of Farmer's behind the scenes PI cartel.  But Bryan's fondness for outing duals from behind the panel was just as damaging to the forum's rep.  Admins should never troll their members, I mean hard trolling.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 09:37:21 PM »
But what Farmer did was PI trolling, he might have been among the worst.
I think we're talking about the same guy here.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 09:50:49 PM »
What I meant was that at the end of the day it's PI trolling and it set the stage for CO's downfall.  It did close down, didn't it?

Farmer sold it to some flamers and they finished it off.  But he was in the clear, and gone.

More importantly, what he and Brian both did had the effect of killing the forum.  If you had any doubt, Maxx leaving was the curtain call. 

Yes for your side, it involved PI
Yes for Wayne's side, it brought disrepute on the admins and owner by revealing them/him to be swine who couldn't be trusted.
We of CBT have spent over ten years on a forum where everyone always said the admin was nuts, and he arguably is kinda weird...but he's an excellent admin, always has been, and fair.  And Steve at BY, straight arrow even though he did argue politics using an alt or two.

Even at TV, most of the admins were rigorously reliable about stuff like PI.  And the TV rules were much the same as the ones here.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 02:37:25 PM »
As an exercise in useless modding Peaches has been dumping threads in this one so any further installments will have a new thread with link to this. When posting links on other boards people aren't going to wade threw pages of dreck for further installments.

Spare us the looney tunes, Looney.  After a month's absence I'm not sure you have any recall whatsoever of the content of this or any thread here.

In any case, when I want your opinion of my moderating I'll go to the forum YOU own and ask you for a panel.  And maybe not even then.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
I got edited for a bullshit reason because I'd irritated him earlier in the day.  I checked with an admin and was told that what I'd done wasn't anything at all.

It's quite lovely, in an ironic way, to see on just this one page you go the full 180 degrees from aspersing Farmer the PI hound, to calling it bullshit when your own PI dump got moderated.  We discussed your stunt upstairs and no admin reproached me.  Have a tissue.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 03:08:51 PM »
I didn't dump PI motherfucker, I posted a figure.  You're full of shit and the admin agreed that what I'd done was a big fat 0. 

Well, if what you're saying is true, then they are two faced.  Shocking, I tell you.  I'm flabbergasted by the two faces of trolls.  It's never happened before.

Oh pardon ME...you are talking about your second attempt to post someone's location, but that is on a different thread than this one, on which you floated your maiden effort a month ago. 

I haven't discussed your second try with the admins, and perhaps it's just as well.  Because I'm a better lawyer than you are, I think.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »
Has anyone left here due to out of control modding?
There's a small coterie at FT who seem to be in agreement that I'm a panel-happy jackass, not that I mind that.  And Bone has opined along those same lines.  But as you know, most of my moderating is about flame levels (or content that's on the wrong sub.)  All that will probably stop being such a big deal when you simplify the forum layout to the point where 12th graders can figure out where to post.

But no, I haven't seen anyone leave on my account.  The more they squeal, the higher the odds are that they'll have something to bitch about whenever they drop back in.  Witness Looney, today.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:59 PM »
when he gets trolled, he uses the panel to strike back.
I don't GET trolled.  And it's quite rare that I use the panel if I am involved in the problem....I get another mod to do it in order to have a defense when assholes like you start slinging shit about me.  Please produce examples of my "using the panel to strike back" or be known forthwith as a lying, emo harpy.

What you don't seem to notice is that you are affected by my moderation because two-thirds of my work involves threads that Rancid and you, or Lotus and you, have sullied and corrupted by jacking conversations without respect or regard for their actual content.  In order to preserve the content, those threads have to be split, or moved to other subs, or both.

This thread is a good example.  The OP should have been moved to BG, but I thought I could have a "serious" conversation with Looney about his whiney ass issues.  I should have known better, and now I'm stuck with leaving it here until someone else moves it -- because I'm part of the argument.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 09:30:47 PM »
Lokmar.   

And I'm not anything or what you call me because YOU say so, anymore than I'm what anyone else calls me old ass fuck.

And yes, that's a fack fucking Jack.  You're an old ass fuck.

Because I'm an "old ass fuck" or sometimes in your parlance "old ass motherfucker."  you probably know this ain't my first rodeo, nor my first dispute with you. 

Therefore, "Lokmar" is not satisfactory as an "example," particularly since he racked up 1935 posts in less than three months of posting here.  The first time I ever modded a post of his was for calling Lotus a cunt, which at that early time was not normative in a discussion thread so I fucking moved it.

Also if you look at his last page of posting, only two of those posts were responding to me and none of the posts (out of 15) was heated.  I could be wrong but I sure thought Lokmar and I were on good terms.

I'll give you one more shot.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »
"Lokmar" is not satisfactory as an "example," === I'll give you one more shot.

~~ crickets ~~

~~ not even leaves rustling in the trees ~~

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
I HEREBY VOLUNTEER FOR MOD POSITION

I'll be fair and balanced  :biggrin:

I seem to recall Ollie did a stint modding the gen for, either at TV or CO, some time back.  I'd second his self-nomination.  He's a level headed guy.

I don’t normally side with the salsa slug, but Peaches, you suck fucking balls as a mod, just sayin’...

It doesn't surprise me to hear this from you, but I just consider the source.  You're that dude who was always pissed off at the moderating on BC regardless of which admins, which owners and which mods were doing it.  And, I hear, also at VF although I've never been there to see.

Your moderation over the years has been suspect by many and we both know it.
     ===="many" lacks specificity.  Thus, I reject any claim that "we both know it" as D minus level filler if it was in a term paper.

I don't usually pay attention as I've made it clear in previous posts, so I don't recall.
     Yeah, that's REAL specific.

But moderating Lokmar constantly on your part was real.
     No one disputes that, and I'm sure Lokmar would be amused by your championing his cause...except that it never bothered HIM or the admins or Bone.

And so is the false accusation that I traffic in PI blasting. 
     Straw Man fallacy.  I never made such an accusation.  What I did say is in this thread if you want to refresh your memory.

You are wrong and it was confirmed when you admitted you hadn't discussed it with admins.  I had.
     That's one of those "have you stopped beating your wife" constructions.  See if you can find an admin who will say I was "wrong," because all I saw j00 say was that he himself would not have called it as I did.  And that's understandable to me because he hasn't had the advantage of watching you and Lotus go at it for the last ten years.  And the fact that I have, is probably also understandable to him.

Grow a pair and admit you throw your weight around when your ego is pricked. 
     Your error here is compositional.  Your operating assumpton that I bring my ego into thie job is simeply wrong, and your claim that I bully posters is unsupported.   

So in summary, here's what I speculate is going on in this thread today (based on my considerable acquaintance with both you and Lotus.)  You've taken off the gloves, and you've reflected on the thought that both admins seem to like you better than they like her, and thus all you need in order to consolidate your position here is to get me out of your hair. 

But sadly, I find your play to do that rather unconvincing, since you throw only heat on the table but no light.  And I've given you two shots now, and I'm done with this dispute.  You're either a harpy or a liar, or possibly both.  I'll leave the question open, but if you keep running around in this particular squirrel cage I may make a poll and get input from others.

...oh, and have a nice day unless you've made other plans.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 07:01:12 PM »
The problem with you is that you are completely incapable of putting aside your differences with various users when it comes to your role as moderator

You sound like Oak, clear down to your inability to post any links in support of your argument.

You’re essentially a male version of Renee, the only difference being that you didn’t flat out ban me for displaying views which you disagree with.

Are you suggesting that Renee, like me, is an extreme lefty?  I'm pretty sure that's far from being the case.  I'm not displeased by the comparison, but I think it's ridiculous just the same.

By the way, I'm not an extreme lefty either.  The reason you don't know what my politics are is, you don't actually read my posts because you're too busy trying to decide what you're going to say next, without sounding like a broken record and a nutcase.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6