Author Topic: How to screw a forum 101  (Read 2724 times)

Offline cookie monster

• Activity:
    0%
  • The shitposter formerly know as looney
    • Show only replies by cookie monster
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +56 / -41
How to screw a forum 101
« on: March 17, 2019, 05:42:27 AM »
A few months back I got a life ban from a footie forum(Political hatchet job), was happy to leave it at that and just lurk for reasons I'll give near the end. But seeing last night some drunk started a post insinuating that I and a couple of others were all paid up rightwing shills(I wish), and indirectly culpable for the NZ Mosque shooting. This thread being left up by mods of course. I decided to do a full run down of why the site is biased politicaly and share the link here with people on the site, yes my own hatchet job and hopefully you will learn a few things.

Post in question.
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?371132-Where-have-they-gone

The leftwing bias is most easily highlighted when you apply first principles to decision making. The Principle here would be "Members are not allowed to manipulate the forum "functions" to harrass or target other members, this includes usernames that also celebrate human rights abuses and/or atrocities".

Examples would be sending abusive PM then blocking the receiver, then unblocking them later and doing the same again right? I'm sure you can think of many.

In the case of Northstandcucks they altered Das reichs username as it reprented a war crime, fair enough. But they chose to ignore Voshilov, a General during Stalins great Terror and particularly offensive to Baltic state citizens, also the name "Grissling Gammons", A racial ephit used to target other posters, yea really, and a halfwit poster who enjoys blocking people then tagging them in posts. So 3 oversights, just bad luck?

Next principle would be belittling attrocities/human rights abuses aka whataboutery.
Another recent example is where a couple of Posters were removed from the NZ Mosque shooting thread for posts of the above nature and yet in the multiple thread about islamic attacks, posters there drawing comparisons to Christian bigotry, however remote or tenious they were were left in peace.

As you can see if not heavy handed then definatly not even handed, which brings us to the Mods. As  you will be familiar it only takes one bad egg to send a forum into a downward spiral and this place has 2.

Mods are chosen because they are available and reliable and not ban happy nutters and that is it. Whats also lacking is any political nuance from any of them. As well as regular whines that they cant do anything if a post isn't reported, is that how it works? Lazy mods sitting on their butts waiting for the whiners to report? (This also suggests a leftish snitch culture which wouldn't be out of place given the far left tactics of some of the posters).

Now the dirt
the Best imo are Edna Krabbapple and Frutos, they both seem well grounded and the latter gets a pass as a newbie. Both leftish but as I said its bad eggs that stink the place up. Most of the rest i consider lazy, absent or hands off, this may be a bit unfair but meh. Bozza is Clumsy and prone to knee jerk decisions but probably not stubborn.

Now the wronguns.

El Presidente.
Carries on his modderating as if its all about mediating, looks fair right? Let me run that past you again, mediation between the opinion posters and the baiter/agent provocateur implies the the opinion poster deserves to be insulted being part at fault, on a public forum, for having a bout of "wrong-think". To most this is not a mediation issue but a management issue and at best displays incompetence at worst deliberate bias.

Guiness Boy.
Dear Lord who made this clown a moderater? He has over the years shown an inability to grasp political issues he does not agree with, having personally spent most of my posts correcting his erronous assumptions, as well as being incoherant a large part of the time  and vindictive. Would be in my top 10 people NOT to be a moderater.

Guessing was coopted by the first bad egg named to  rig the voting on banning along with Frutos, or maybe its a coincidence after those 2 joined the mods perma bans started appearing to the 2 people who had made allegations of Bias(Yea really this shit gets worse).

Next problem Transparency.
You know how these forums love the "Mods are evil" threads? It also allows to weed out the wronguns and if the complaints are fake the butt hurt whiner usual ends up getting dogpiled.

Well Northstandcucks doesn't allow questioning, its all a bit Omerta in that place.

As I said at the beginning I was happy to not post any more and there is a reason other than the sour grapes that you are thinking.

A couple of threads recently, One about the rise in anti-sematism which took 8 pages before someone tentativley mentioned that the problem may be imported. Another thread where 3 posters claimed that Teresa may was as far right as corbyn was left. These posts went unchallenged for over 15 pages. Its not the leftism here but the astounding level of Ignorance among the enthusiastic clique of leftish posters. Im not going to even bother explain them any further.

Why bother with politics on a football forum where page fter page is bland, ignorant Guardian lite?
Anyway theres plenty more I could add but that'll do for now. Its sad to think these issues will become worse if they ever get round to trying to sort out the demographic winter the board also suffers from.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
Re: How to screw a forum 101
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 07:52:31 AM »
 :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Interesting dissection.  Will you be doing other forums, like a series?

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • Show only replies by The Scoundrel
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:05:35 AM »
That's the most I've seen Looney write in years.

There's more to this story and being English I'm guessing that the football team involved has some sort of attraction.

I certainly wouldn't troll a Liverpool FC forum but who knows why Southerners do owt.

:popcorn:

Offline cookie monster

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22:36 AM »
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Interesting dissection.  Will you be doing other forums, like a series?

We did you in pm, thats why your not modding the flame forum. As nice a person as you may be you just dont get it. Or was that my Peaches is useless thread that did it? ah well maybe a bit of both.

Offline cookie monster

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »
That's the most I've seen Looney write in years.

There's more to this story and being English I'm guessing that the football team involved has some sort of attraction.

I certainly wouldn't troll a Liverpool FC forum but who knows why Southerners do owt.

So you dead naming me now? Maybe a tommy robinsom formly known as shtick. Yea its BHAFC, and wasn't trolling, got bushwacked in a thread by leftists but its not just about me.

Offline The Scoundrel

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Liverpool FC Premiership Champions 2020
    • Show only replies by The Scoundrel
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2692 / -1096
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »
So you dead naming me now?

When I met you, you were called Looney. You flamed and had fun. The CM nic seems to be a medded up Rest Home version.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 12:58:42 PM »
We did you in pm, thats why your not modding the flame forum. As nice a person as you may be you just dont get it. Or was that my Peaches is useless thread that did it? ah well maybe a bit of both.

Who is "we?"

And just for the record, although your confusion about who is modding our flame board is understandable, you really don't understand the TO&E of this forum very well ... so, talking as though you understand it merely makes you look like a sun-scorched night crawler.

Offline cookie monster

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 11:40:32 AM »
Part 2 at Northstandcucks.
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?371389-Tory-Islamophobia-suspended-councillors-quietly-reinstated

Ok 6 pages here and not 1 poster has either,

1, Pointed out the Irony of a racist sock puppet account(mentioned in part 1) starting a thread complaining about racism.

2, Bothered to read or refer to the article the sock posted.

According to the article,
"the Conservative leader of Swale borough council, Andrew Bowles, was readmitted to the party after a 13-day suspension for retweeting a post that described the far-right leader Tommy Robinson as a patriot, condemned the decision by Facebook and Instagram to ban him and urged people to retweet if they agreed."

Yes there you have it, calling someone the left doesn't like a patriot is a racist act(GET is a patriot), this is a blatant hit peice trying to equate anti-jew left with anti-muslim right. Maybe but the latter can be explained by members of one community, muslims, targetting others, killing and raping. but anyway its not my place to target their vacant arguments just the clusterfuck of forum that asks nebulous questions then spends 6 pages avoiding answering them.

I suppose complaining about a thread being derailed(and now dumpstered) from the topic which was dubious to begin with is the way to go at Soytard central, dullards are going to dull.

Offline Aryan

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Aryan
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2390 / -4236
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »
Left wing bias on forums is nothing new, that’s the main reason why I chose to leave Bastard Factory. The standard mindset of zero tolerance towards anything remotely un-PC like racism (particularly if it’s perceived to be perpetrated by a white person against a non-white), homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-semitism etc etc is pretty much standard procedure nowadays. This is essentially down to the establishment and mainstream media setting guidelines to the masses over the years about what is socially acceptable and what isn’t.

There is also as you have alluded to a massive double standard concerning ‘Nazi’ symbols and Communist ones, where the latter is perceived as acceptable and the former is not. Once again, this is due to the conditioning we have been subjected to by the authorities and people are just basically indoctrinated and brainwashed.

MacGuffin

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
Left wing bias on forums is nothing new, that’s the main reason why I chose to leave Bastard Factory. The standard mindset of zero tolerance towards anything remotely un-PC like racism (particularly if it’s perceived to be perpetrated by a white person against a non-white), homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-semitism etc etc is pretty much standard procedure nowadays. This is essentially down to the establishment and mainstream media setting guidelines to the masses over the years about what is socially acceptable and what isn’t.

There is also as you have alluded to a massive double standard concerning ‘Nazi’ symbols and Communist ones, where the latter is perceived as acceptable and the former is not. Once again, this is due to the conditioning we have been subjected to by the authorities and people are just basically indoctrinated and brainwashed.

As cute as you think it is, fear, loathing and penis envy are NOT redeeming values. Go get laid Angry Ponce.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »

As cute as you think it is, fear, loathing and penis envy are NOT redeeming values. Go get laid Angry Ponce.

He's a whiney little bitch.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 04:47:32 PM »
A few months back I got a life ban from a footie forum(Political hatchet job), was happy to leave it at that and just lurk for reasons I'll give near the end. But seeing last night some drunk started a post insinuating that I and a couple of others were all paid up rightwing shills(I wish), and indirectly culpable for the NZ Mosque shooting. This thread being left up by mods of course. I decided to do a full run down of why the site is biased politicaly and share the link here with people on the site, yes my own hatchet job and hopefully you will learn a few things.

Post in question.
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?371132-Where-have-they-gone

The leftwing bias is most easily highlighted when you apply first principles to decision making. The Principle here would be "Members are not allowed to manipulate the forum "functions" to harrass or target other members, this includes usernames that also celebrate human rights abuses and/or atrocities".

Examples would be sending abusive PM then blocking the receiver, then unblocking them later and doing the same again right? I'm sure you can think of many.

In the case of Northstandcucks they altered Das reichs username as it reprented a war crime, fair enough. But they chose to ignore Voshilov, a General during Stalins great Terror and particularly offensive to Baltic state citizens, also the name "Grissling Gammons", A racial ephit used to target other posters, yea really, and a halfwit poster who enjoys blocking people then tagging them in posts. So 3 oversights, just bad luck?

Next principle would be belittling attrocities/human rights abuses aka whataboutery.
Another recent example is where a couple of Posters were removed from the NZ Mosque shooting thread for posts of the above nature and yet in the multiple thread about islamic attacks, posters there drawing comparisons to Christian bigotry, however remote or tenious they were were left in peace.

As you can see if not heavy handed then definatly not even handed, which brings us to the Mods. As  you will be familiar it only takes one bad egg to send a forum into a downward spiral and this place has 2.

Mods are chosen because they are available and reliable and not ban happy nutters and that is it. Whats also lacking is any political nuance from any of them. As well as regular whines that they cant do anything if a post isn't reported, is that how it works? Lazy mods sitting on their butts waiting for the whiners to report? (This also suggests a leftish snitch culture which wouldn't be out of place given the far left tactics of some of the posters).

Now the dirt
the Best imo are Edna Krabbapple and Frutos, they both seem well grounded and the latter gets a pass as a newbie. Both leftish but as I said its bad eggs that stink the place up. Most of the rest i consider lazy, absent or hands off, this may be a bit unfair but meh. Bozza is Clumsy and prone to knee jerk decisions but probably not stubborn.

Now the wronguns.

El Presidente.
Carries on his modderating as if its all about mediating, looks fair right? Let me run that past you again, mediation between the opinion posters and the baiter/agent provocateur implies the the opinion poster deserves to be insulted being part at fault, on a public forum, for having a bout of "wrong-think". To most this is not a mediation issue but a management issue and at best displays incompetence at worst deliberate bias.

Guiness Boy.
Dear Lord who made this clown a moderater? He has over the years shown an inability to grasp political issues he does not agree with, having personally spent most of my posts correcting his erronous assumptions, as well as being incoherant a large part of the time  and vindictive. Would be in my top 10 people NOT to be a moderater.

Guessing was coopted by the first bad egg named to  rig the voting on banning along with Frutos, or maybe its a coincidence after those 2 joined the mods perma bans started appearing to the 2 people who had made allegations of Bias(Yea really this shit gets worse).

Next problem Transparency.
You know how these forums love the "Mods are evil" threads? It also allows to weed out the wronguns and if the complaints are fake the butt hurt whiner usual ends up getting dogpiled.

Well Northstandcucks doesn't allow questioning, its all a bit Omerta in that place.

As I said at the beginning I was happy to not post any more and there is a reason other than the sour grapes that you are thinking.

A couple of threads recently, One about the rise in anti-sematism which took 8 pages before someone tentativley mentioned that the problem may be imported. Another thread where 3 posters claimed that Teresa may was as far right as corbyn was left. These posts went unchallenged for over 15 pages. Its not the leftism here but the astounding level of Ignorance among the enthusiastic clique of leftish posters. Im not going to even bother explain them any further.

Why bother with politics on a football forum where page fter page is bland, ignorant Guardian lite?
Anyway theres plenty more I could add but that'll do for now. Its sad to think these issues will become worse if they ever get round to trying to sort out the demographic winter the board also suffers from.

wtf?  tl;dr
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Aryan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 01:34:26 PM »

You’re projecting again, getting a feel of your elderly mother’s saggy tits while you help her out of the bath does not constitute ‘getting laid’ fella.

Offline Aryan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 01:36:17 PM »
He's a whiney little bitch.

Beached land whales don’t get it very often either, so it definitely explains your foul attitude on here 24/7.  :crampe:

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 01:37:17 PM »
You’re projecting again, getting a feel of your elderly mother’s saggy tits while you help her out of the bath does not constitute ‘getting laid’ fella.

Angry Putz is angry again. 

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »
Beached land whales don’t get it very often either, so it definitely explains your foul attitude on here 24/7.  :crampe:

I'm only foul with the foul, incel.  Are you unbanned from driving yet?  You're apt to run down your fellow mutants in rage. The slum is at risk.

Offline cookie monster

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 02:14:04 PM »
A lot I have posted concerns different standards of moderation for the same behaviour, it is primarily a football teams fans forum so will only cause a slow death, maybe.

You need to understand your medium posters and issues, stormfag may well want to science race but on a flame/troll forum this would decend into a Klanbake, fast. You can be even handed if you want to but you need to put some effort in.

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 02:28:32 PM »

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 02:43:22 PM »
I'm only foul with the foul
LMAO
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »
LMAO

You just can't let go, can you?

It's really sad.  I pity you, I really do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6