Author Topic: "...a large-scale emergent phenomenon which is anti-human..."  (Read 693 times)

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
T-Bone Burnett rips big-tech "surveillance capitalism" in his keynote address to the SXSW festival in Austin recently.

If you don't know of him, he's a genius-level musician and producer.  Full text and/or video at the link.  This is too provocative and chilling to miss, even if many of you can't hack it because your attention spans are too fukin short.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90320480/full-text-t-bone-burnett-rips-big-tech-surveillance-capitalists-in-blistering-sxsw-keynote

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show only replies by Oliver Clotheshoffe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877
Re: "...a large-scale emergent phenomenon which is anti-human..."
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 02:49:03 PM »
That's why I'm not on Facebook, not on Twitter, not on Instagram and I don't have a Google listening device in my house.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 02:55:32 PM »
Even if you go to great lengths to avoid giving up data, the Beast is so big you can't help being eaten. 

Witness your life a as a Trog troll, for starters.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 03:38:43 AM »
As the Internet pioneer Ethan Zuckerman of MIT recently wrote, “It’s obvious now that what we did was a fiasco, so let me remind you that what we wanted to do was something brave and noble.”  What they wanted to do was to create a communication system that was decentralized and cooperative. One of the early networks that Stewart Brand and Ken Kesey built was called the Whole Earth Lectronic Link. That’s how utopian their aspirations were. But today there is a growing understanding that the internet has morphed into an insidious surveillance and propaganda machine.

Yes, and also the place where critical thinking and the skill of deep reading have gone to die.  Not to mention the deaths of so many small brick and mortar stores, and most of all, book stores.

And, honestly, the soullessness of trolling seems to herald the death of civility.

It's insidious. 
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline WalterHoors

• WalterHoorsCK
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by WalterHoors
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +0 / -0
us pharmacy online 425 mg
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 02:13:50 AM »
mexica pharmacy online review : online pharmacy cheap online pharmacy    http://mexicopharmx.shop

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6