Author Topic: Where could we possibly get the money for MediCare for all  (Read 1428 times)

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
Where could we possibly get the money for MediCare for all
« on: April 22, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »
and free college?

I do not fucking know!

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 1    Gay (List of Rates | -10 Post Total)
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Personal Text goes here
    • Show only replies by Captain Caveman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
Re: Where could we possibly get the money for MediCare for all
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 08:26:14 AM »
Nothing is free. You should have said steal instead of get. Get implies more ethics than what the reality of stealing is.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show only replies by Oliver Clotheshoffe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »

Throw out the 15 million illegals and use the money they were getting in welfare.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show only replies by Biggie Smiles
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +30592 / -6724
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 11:06:54 AM »
That would be a good start but certainly not enough.

It always amuses me when these communist lackeys buy into the bernie bullshit. Yeah there's trillions in defense contracts and yeah there's overspending in that vertical. No question. But if you really believe Bernie is going to slash TRILLIONS in monies that are making some very powerful people very fucking rich without winding up face down in a ditch you're fucking obnoxiously stupid and shouldn't be operating a computer.

So when he realizes he cant get the money there, then what?

Capitalism as it exists under the Trump is far from perfect but it is certainly better than the alternative

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 05:04:22 PM »
That would be a good start but certainly not enough.

It always amuses me when these communist lackeys buy into the bernie bullshit. Yeah there's trillions in defense contracts and yeah there's overspending in that vertical. No question. But if you really believe Bernie is going to slash TRILLIONS in monies that are making some very powerful people very fucking rich without winding up face down in a ditch you're fucking obnoxiously stupid and shouldn't be operating a computer.

So when he realizes he cant get the money there, then what?

Capitalism as it exists under the Trump is far from perfect but it is certainly better than the alternative

Right.  We can steal trillions from taxpayers for war merchants, and 160 giant corporations can pay 0 taxes, but we can't afford health care for everyone.

If Americans stop being such tools and just demand it, we can do it.

You guys couldn't be bigger tools.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 1    Gay (List of Rates | -10 Post Total)
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 05:58:24 PM »
Right.  We can steal trillions from taxpayers for war merchants, and 160 giant corporations can pay 0 taxes, but we can't afford health care for everyone.

You're so naturally naive that I have to say it is criminal what these communists are allowed to do to your mind.

Wake up out of the dream that is Avatar Lotus and smell the real world around you for a change.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 06:37:52 PM »
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Joe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »

it seems odd that every other wealthy democracy (& even some poor 3rd world nations) have universal healthcare & a wealthy country like America does not.

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 07:24:37 PM »
Their health care is shit though

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »
Throw out the 15 million illegals and use the money they were getting in welfare.

How'd you get so ignorant?

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 09:40:38 PM »
it seems odd that every other wealthy democracy (& even some poor 3rd world nations) have universal healthcare & a wealthy country like America does not.

We pay for your protection. 

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by deport_liberals
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5119 / -3254
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 02:24:55 AM »

You have hit the nail on the head there. Americans don't want it on principle - it has nothing to do with affordability.  Hence it is much easier to move to a country that has it and takes it for granted as a basic right than to try and change a country that doesn't  and never will.

Offline Joe

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Joe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1939 / -1484
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 02:40:36 AM »
You have hit the nail on the head there. Americans don't want it on principle - it has nothing to do with affordability.  Hence it is much easier to move to a country that has it and takes it for granted as a basic right than to try and change a country that doesn't  and never will.

Many Americans  seem to think a visit to the hospital is a stay at the Hilton.

That if somebody gets  it for nothing its the equivalent of freeloading.

Truth be known, hospitals are goddam depressing places no matter how much you dress them up.They are not a Club Med resort.

I think the vast majority of people would rather stay away from them & only pay a visit when absolutely necessary.

Americans perception of healthcare - that it can be quantified or owned is a peculiar one indeed.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 02:40:56 AM »
Their health care is shit though

I wonder why their life expectancy is better than ours if their health care is so shit.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 04:16:59 AM »
I wonder why their life expectancy is better than ours if their health care is so shit.

Less grease, salt, sugar, smaller meal portions, alcohol is expensive, and a pack of smokes is 30 bucks...

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by deport_liberals
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5119 / -3254
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 04:56:30 AM »
Many Americans  seem to think a visit to the hospital is a stay at the Hilton.

That if somebody gets  it for nothing its the equivalent of freeloading.

Truth be known, hospitals are goddam depressing places no matter how much you dress them up.They are not a Club Med resort.

I think the vast majority of people would rather stay away from them & only pay a visit when absolutely necessary.

Americans perception of healthcare - that it can be quantified or owned is a peculiar one indeed.

Well, if I were one of them I would not be looking at Sweden, etc.  Those countries are better than the USA for lots of reasons and it is more or less an unattainable standard.  Americans should rather look at a country like Turkey to feel ashamed of their health care system.  For me anyway it was not even about the moral question but rather the sheer amount of money taken out of my paycheck there for shitty insurance. 

I think the best system is the government deals with everything above a certain limit (of course they will also impose a certain cost structure on doctors and hospitals) and people pay out of pocket for normal care.  In addition, medical school should be free but doctors should have to work for the state for a certain number of years after graduation, to pay us back for funding their education.

From what I have seen here, at least, there is still private insurance and a more luxurious healthcare experience available, but even that is much cheaper because they have to compete at some level with what the government offers.  You certainly pay a premium for expedience and expertise but nobody is going bankrupt due to their health care costs.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 06:29:32 AM »
Well, if I were one of them I would not be looking at Sweden, etc.  Those countries are better than the USA for lots of reasons and it is more or less an unattainable standard.  Americans should rather look at a country like Turkey to feel ashamed of their health care system.  For me anyway it was not even about the moral question but rather the sheer amount of money taken out of my paycheck there for shitty insurance. 

I think the best system is the government deals with everything above a certain limit (of course they will also impose a certain cost structure on doctors and hospitals) and people pay out of pocket for normal care.  In addition, medical school should be free but doctors should have to work for the state for a certain number of years after graduation, to pay us back for funding their education.

From what I have seen here, at least, there is still private insurance and a more luxurious healthcare experience available, but even that is much cheaper because they have to compete at some level with what the government offers.  You certainly pay a premium for expedience and expertise but nobody is going bankrupt due to their health care costs.

See?  Even a CON's clock is right twice a day.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
The best system is you take care of you and I'll take care of me.

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:54 AM »
Why are we here asking the government who consistently fails at nearly everything it does to take over our healthcare? So that we can have another DMV on our hands?

How about we start looking at ways to stop allowing scam artists to milk the judicial system for favorable orders on frivolous law suits. Perhaps if we started by tackling the insane administrative costs that are overburdening practitioners and stopped allowing illegals to flood our emergency rooms we might have a next to reasonable system in place. We could then open discussions on how to provide such a system to all

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 10:17:37 AM »
Get rid of entitlements, minimum wage laws, lobbyist donations in DC, the FDA, and income/property taxes, and the US can have open borders, a strong economy, prosperity, and highly competitive/affordable healthcare.

It would be so strong that the positivity would flow out to its neighbours down South and North. People would expect better everywhere.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6