Author Topic: Ayn Rand collected social security and Medicare  (Read 834 times)

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
Ayn Rand collected social security and Medicare
« on: May 12, 2019, 12:32:27 AM »
[Ayn Rand's] books provided wide-ranging parables of "parasites," "looters" and "moochers" using the levers of government to steal the fruits of her heroes' labor. In the real world, however, Rand herself received Social Security payments and Medicare benefits under the name of Ann O'Connor (her husband was Frank O'Connor).

As Michael Ford of Xavier University's Center for the Study of the American Dream wrote, "In the end, Miss Rand was a hypocrite but she could never be faulted for failing to act in her own self-interest."

She was elderly and sick and needed surgery (lung surgery, after knocking down two packs a day for decades). Presumably she had a fair amount of money. But she turned to Social Security and Medicare. And under her husband's name!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/michaeltomasky/2011/jan/31/usdomesticpolicy-ayn-rand-hypocrite-fraud
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
Re: Ayn Rand collected social security and Medicare
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
Why am I not surprised that you don't recognize blatant hypocrisy, when it bitch slaps you repeatedly across  your face.

Preach it!
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 11:55:45 PM »
It isnt hypocrisy when you're forced to pay for a service and then use it. I will draw SSI. No hypocrisy whatsoever. I would also eliminate SSI if given the chance and STILL continue to draw it. Everyone thats paid into it should draw. People under a certain age should get a partial refund. People on it who never paid in such as illegals and people who came in the country unable to work should get the boot.

Bullshit.

Your head would explode so hard your brains would spread for a mile around you (even though you have so few of them) if a lib did something even somewhat as hypocritical.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 12:48:46 AM »
You mean like my fat assed governor proposing more taxes for others while pulling the toilets out of his house to avoid taxes? Yea, that actually IS hypocrisy.

Rand being forced to pay for a program she wants gone and using the services she paid for = no hypocrisy
Using dubious tax breaks as a billionaire while espousing the duty of all to pay more taxes = hypocrisy

Rand collected her husband's social security, which means she did not pay into the fund.

Your governor has no toilets in his house?
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 02:44:51 AM »
Question: Did Rand pay into SSI?
Question: Is a wife eligible to collect her spouses if married X number of years?
You cant force someone into a system and then complain when they use that system you forced them into.

JB Pritzger bought the property next to his mansion so he didnt have to put up with any trashy millionaire scumbags. After all, he's a billionaire. He didnt want to pay taxes on a house he used for he and his buddies to play poker and party in so he had all the toilets removed and declared the house uninhabitable. JB Pritzger is a lifelong democRAT and preaches more taxation and more spending. Now that he's governor, he has proposed raising a multitude of tax increases. He's a typical hypocrite democrat no different than when lurch kerry sailed his yacht 2 states down so he could avoid the new yacht tax in taxachusetts. Of course lurch also supports people paying more taxes.

I don't know if you have noticed (I mean, I know you're not too sharp), but I have no love for billionaires.  I'm no partisan hack.  Billionaires of either party are usually criminals.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 02:48:03 PM »

Imagine the democRAT hysterics if we made SSI a default opt-out program!!!! BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Then CONs and corporate Dems would have one less piggy bank to raid when they are doling out corporate welfare.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »
I bet I've paid over 4K into SSI so far this year. Thats a fukin travesty considering my return will likely be 1/4 of what I'll have paid in at most. I'll get MORE of my 401K investment back. SSI should work the same. Since it doesnt, its a ponzi scheme.

You think you'll only get 1k a year in SS?  You don't understand how it works AT ALL, do you?
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »
I think I'll only get 1/4 of my total investment back from SSI. That includes ALL of my investment. Thats what I meant when I wrote "my return will likely be 1/4 of what I'll have paid in". If I die before retirement, I'll get $250.00....or rather my heirs will. Thats criminal.

So, you have paid a total of 4k into SS in your life?  And you think you're going to die immediately after retirement?  Because, you know, SS pays monthly, every year, until you die.  It can add up to many times more than you ever put into it.  If the CONs don't steal the funds, that is.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
I have paid $4K into it (at least) in 2019 alone.

So?  My guess is you will be getting FAR more than 10k a year in SS.  I think your math is off.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:57 AM »
Most people dont get a 33% return. 20% die before collecting anything. The article clearly states that rates of payouts are declining and that the average will be negative. My 401K is worth no less than double what I put in BEFORE including the average yearly rate of return of 5%.

Where do you get these bogus stats?
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6