Author Topic: Does bleach cure autism?  (Read 805 times)

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • Show only replies by Bonesaw
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1989 / -450
Does bleach cure autism?
« on: May 22, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/moms-go-undercover-fight-fake-autism-cures-private-facebook-groups-n1007871

I know some of you are familiar with autism and its effects.  What do you think about this?  Have you ever tried to "cure" autism?  Would you go undercover to catch people abusing their kids?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Dovey

Re: Does bleach cure autism?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/moms-go-undercover-fight-fake-autism-cures-private-facebook-groups-n1007871

I know some of you are familiar with autism and its effects.  What do you think about this?  Have you ever tried to "cure" autism?  Would you go undercover to catch people abusing their kids?

Yes, this child abuse all the way.  These crazy fucks shove abrasives up their asses, drink turpentine and think all the intestinal lining coming out is "rope worms".  They post pics of all the lining stripping thinking its parasites. No you fucking idiot, thats your own fucking GUTS.....its horrible.  But to subject a child, fucking evil.

You cannot "cure" autism, its albeist, misguided and uneducated. This thinking leads to emotional/mental abuse and here you see physical abuse.  These kids are NOT getting the care they need. Autism is NOT and illness.

This is a topic that infuriates the fuck outta me. And yes, i would absofuckinglutely report this shit to the proper authorities. I AM a mandated reporter and that goes.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:38:06 AM »
Yes, this child abuse all the way.  These crazy fucks shove abrasives up their asses, drink turpentine and think all the intestinal lining coming out is "rope worms".  They take post pics of all the lining stripping thats happening thinkikg its parasites. No you fucking idiot, thats your own fucking GUTS.....its horrible.  But to subject a child, fucking evil.

:vomit2:

Dovey

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 09:40:00 AM »
:vomit2:

You think thats bad? There was a board called UriNation. Everyone drinks pee. Aged pee, like pee thats 2 years old....they throw some rosemary on it and pound it for breakfast. Wash their face with it. You name it.

They all take pics of their collected piss supply and post it like its a competition who can be more stupid and gross  :biglaugha: :crazy:

The older the piss the better. Its like liquid gold if its two years or more old.  They just toss some herbs in it and have at it. Soooo gross  :biglaugha: Fucking whackjobs  :biglaugha:

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Personal Text goes here
    • Show only replies by Captain Caveman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »
I read that story elsewhere the other day...

...if there is any merit to that treatment, they've gone about legitimizing it in the worst way...

Dovey

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »
 As a HCP and a future RN, guys....there is absolutely zero merit in using bleach to cure anything, least of all a genetic nuero condition that isnt even an illness. Autistic people are just different, not ill.  You can use diluted bleach to help some skin conditions, yes but even that isnt the best. Never ever consume household chemicals. Anally or otherwise.

Please do not put anything up your rectums.  :biglaugha:

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 10:44:44 AM »
As a HCP and a future RN, guys....there is absolutely zero merit in using bleach to cure anything, least of all a genetic nuero condition that isnt even an illness. Autistic people are just different, not ill.  You can diluted bleach to help some skin conditions, yes but even that isnt the best. Never ever consume household chemicals. Anally or otherwise.

Please do not put anything up your rectums.  :biglaugha:

Not disputing your nurseytood or reasoning but you're not a doctor or medical researcher either...

...sounds like bollocks to me but I'm not even nurse level in medical stuff... I still crazy glue my deep lacerations and swill whiskey like a fiend when on the rare occasion I get the flu...

Dovey

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:59 AM »
Not disputing your nurseytood or reasoning but you're not a doctor or medical researcher either...

...sounds like bollocks to me but I'm not even nurse level in medical stuff... I still crazy glue my deep lacerations and swill whiskey like a fiend when on the rare occasion I get the flu...

Nope, im no doctor or researcher. Hell im not even a full fledged licenced RN on the associate level, YET. I am absolutely not an authority or expert. I just hope that invoking my status will help drive the point home because i hate seeing people destroy themselves based on bad, poor information.

If anything i can say my education/experience has trained me well in critically analyzing claims and knowing how to identify primary studies and how to interpret said studies. Its still an ongoing process, and one thing i love about my field is that learning NEVER stops.  I love the holistic nature of nursing and the continued growth and learning.

Anyone can refer to the evidence here. I would never make a claim not backed by evidence. Shooting bleach in the rectum is a great way to slowly kill yourself and do irreparable damage to your body. So many awful things can happen to people doing this.

So far the scientific consensus is that autism is a nuero condition caused by genetics. There is still alot of research on autism, but it is safe to claim is not an illness, cannot be "cured" and thinking as much has been causing alot of abuse like what we see here. The bleach shit is an extreme, sure.  But the attitudes of people who think its an illness result in emotional/mental abuse of the autistic kids more than they dont.

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »

Nope, im no doctor or researcher. Hell im not even a full fledged licenced RN on the associate level, YET. I am absolutely not an authority or expert. I just hope that invoking my status will help drive the point home because i hate seeing people destroy themselves based on bad, poor information.

If anything i can say my education has trained me well in critically analyzing claims and knowing how to identify primary studies and how to interpret said studies. Im not perfect, though. Nor am i an expert by any means.

Anyone can refer to the evidence here. I would never make a claim not backed by evidence. Shooting bleach in the rectum is a great way to slowly kill yourself and do irreparable damage to your body. So many awful things can happen to people doing this.

So far the scientific consensus is that autism is a nuero condition caused by genetics. There is still alot of research on autism, but it is safe to claim is not an illness, cannot be "cured" and thinking as much has been causing alot of abuse like what we see here. The bleach shit is an extreme, sure.  But the attitudes of people who think its an illness result in emotional/mental abuse of the autistic kids more than they dont.

And your thoughts on the stem cell therapy going on in Panama for autism?...

Dovey

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 11:00:50 AM »
And your thoughts on the stem cell therapy going on in Panama for autism?...
I thinks it is fascinating but ethically questionable. Lots of wrinkles to iron out. Totally worthwhile endeavor, though.  As quack as it seems to be.

Until otherwise has been peer reviewed, i gotta refer to the current consensus.  Right now this stem cell for autism just isnt very solid.

Plus i edited my post that you quoted  :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 11:04:36 AM »
I thinks it is fascinating but ethically questionable. Lots of wrinkles to iron out. Totally worthwhile endeavor, though.  As quack as it seems to be.

Until otherwise has been peer reviewed, i gotta refer to the current consensus.  Right now this stem cell for autism just isnt very solid.

People do similarly with the IPCC when it comes to so called anthropogenic climate change...

Dovey

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 11:13:33 AM »
People do similarly with the IPCC when it comes to so called anthropogenic climate change...

Weeeelll whether climate change is human driven or not is really not my thing, i havent invested enough time reading the evidence on this one and i steer clear of these debates.

I did take an Environmental science course for fun, though. I needed an extra credit in science and nothing else was really grabbing me. I like gardening and shit....so i picked that one. We learned alot of about whats called "wicked problems". Meaning how environmental issues can be solved with solutions that have equally bad or worse consequences. Its often the case with matters like climate and such.

Our prof was a liberal hippy type we called Doc. I adored him.  And he did say the science on climate change was debated on the academic level and one of those things very politically driven by laymen. So there is that.

Its a pretty complicated matter as we have no real point of reference here to know how it could go down. Just educated theories. I dont really have a political stance on this one or even a very well informed grasp beyond what i said here.  You likely know more about that than i do.

Climate change is indeed occuring though, anyone who says otherwise needs to take a moment and fact check and reflect on political biases. Conservatives are great for this climate change denial. The debate is whether or not it is human driven and whether or not it is actually a problem.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:07:38 PM by Dovey »

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 11:16:52 AM »
I was simply pointing out that consensus has no place in science and the medical field is a branch of science which should also be on guard against consensus...

Dovey

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »
I was simply pointing out that consensus has no place in science and the medical field is a branch of science which should also be on guard against consensus...

Well that depends on how you view consensus. If you look at it and think its rock solid and unmovable, yeah GTFO of science.

Consensus is just what is being agreed upon across the board based on peer reviewed evidence. It is always subjected to change if evidence challanges the current consensus. If you cant bend to evidence, you are not sciencing right  :biglaugha:

Biases are a bitch, that is why we have peers and multiple "eyes" and perspectives.

We should always be willing to adjust our views based on what the evidence is saying.  Hence why i say "so far the consensus says..."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:43:23 AM by Dovey »

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
I know some people on this forum that should try drinking bleach to cure their autism.  It might not work, but it would make my life better...

Dovey

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 11:23:42 AM »
I know some people on this forum that should try drinking bleach to cure their autism.  It might not work, but it would make my life better...
  :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

I dont think you should be insulting the autistic here, most people with autism are incredibly intelligent. They are the researchers  :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 11:26:24 AM »
I think we’re all on the spectrum.

Dovey

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 11:40:27 AM »
I think we’re all on the spectrum.
Im inclined to agree.  :drunk2:

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 11:43:50 AM »
There is no spectrum.... it's a construct....

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
There is no spectrum.... it's a construct....

That’s what someone on the spectrum would say.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6