Author Topic: Study shows that children raised without religion in the home  (Read 435 times)

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by LotusBud
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +3125 / -21912
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • Show only replies by Bonesaw
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +1989 / -450
Re: Study shows that children raised without religion in the home
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 09:22:01 PM »
Though it's only anecdotal, this has been my experience as well.

A person discovering a particular faith all on their own might benefit them in a way that strict indoctrination does not.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 09:24:49 PM »

A person discovering a particular faith all on their own might benefit them in a way that strict indoctrination does not.

It's definitely my experience.  But I also find that people who discover religion on their own, again in my experience, can be THE WORST.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 09:35:30 PM »

I find it works both ways.  Some of the kindest people I've ever met have been religious.

And I often find most people that aren't religious in the traditional sense, make a religion about something else.  Like animal rights people, or even atheism can become a religion of sorts as well.  No tolerance for others' points of view.

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »
Oh I agree with that.  I can't stand a lot of atheists.  Up their own asses about a lack of religion, but religion is all they ever talk about.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 11:55:02 PM »
Oh I agree with that.  I can't stand a lot of atheists.  Up their own asses about a lack of religion, but religion is all they ever talk about.

I bet Oak rec'd that because she also has me pegged as an atheist.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 11:59:07 PM »
I bet Oak rec'd that because she also has me pegged as an atheist.

I rec'd that because I agreed with it.  It has nothing to do with you.  I brought the issue of atheism up, you massively stupid cunt.

You're incredibly vain and self-absorbed.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 12:02:39 AM »
I rec'd that because I agreed with it.  It has nothing to do with you.  I brought the issue of atheism up, you massively stupid cunt.

You're incredibly vain and self-absorbed.

I know!  Silly me.  You have never, ever run around rec'ing every post anyone else ever made that registered even slight disagreement with me.  Where did I come up with that crazy idea?  I can smell the stench of your hatred from here.  You're just dripping with it, you lunatic.
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 12:07:25 AM »
I don't know who's an atheist on this forum apart from Vitriol.  Being an atheist and being a militant atheist, to me, are two different things.  I don't think religion should influence policy, however.

And I'm an agnostic.

Offline Captain Caveman

• BG Reg
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Personal Text goes here
    • Show only replies by Captain Caveman
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +11680 / -8152
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 12:08:15 AM »
I find anyone overly opinionated about the behaviours and rights of others to be annoying and mindless... atheists and religious people are equally annoying in that aspect...

Then when you throw a topic in between the two, such as abortion... they fight like school children trying to run over the rights of the women or rights of the unborn...

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 12:09:53 AM »
I know!  Silly me.  You have never, ever run around rec'ing every post anyone else ever made that registered even slight disagreement with me.  Where did I come up with that crazy idea?  I can smell the stench of your hatred from here.  You're just dripping with it, you lunatic.

I will repeat it.  It has nothing to do with you.  Seek help for whatever "ptsd" you think you're suffering from, it's not my problem.

If I'm a lunatic, you must enjoy exchanges with lunatics.  Therefore, you're quite welcome. 

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 12:11:10 AM »
I don't know who's an atheist on this forum apart from Vitriol.  Being an atheist and being a militant atheist, to me, are two different things.  I don't think religion should influence policy, however.

And I'm an agnostic.

I agree, militant atheists are the problematic ones.   Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but I'm not entitled to theirs. 

Dovey

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 01:01:01 PM »

And I'm an agnostic.

Militant atheists, anti theists, are actually kinda scary.

I think of INCELs and church bombers, rapists, really fucking hateful degenerates.

My own personal experience with kids in religious or secular homes? Everyone is an individual. I have seen plenty of shittiness on every end.

But private Christian schools seem to have the most ruthless bullying and nastiness.

Even before i was a Christian, i was never sure what people meant by religion influencing policy. Pretty much every law we have is moral and shared by religious teachings.

The only thing i cant think of here is same sex marriage?

Help me understand what you mean by that?

Dovey

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2019, 01:04:22 PM »
I will repeat it.  It has nothing to do with you. 

Shes a politically indoctrinated whack job completely intolerant of others who do not share her views.

Shes out to show how the big white Christian monolith is evil starting from childhood.

Its all about her, Oak. Everything. All of it. We are just props on the stage of the Scrot show.

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 04:28:51 PM »
Shes a politically indoctrinated whack job completely intolerant of others who do not share her views.

Shes out to show how the big white Christian monolith is evil starting from childhood.

Its all about her, Oak. Everything. All of it. We are just props on the stage of the Scrot show.

Oh, okay, Miss No One Should Have an Abortion Because I Don't Believe Anyone Should Have the Choice But Me.

Miss, Who, Me?  But I Never Go On And On And On About What I Believe Everyone Else Should Believe And Criticize Them Relentlessly For Not Believing What I Believe!

Can You say "I am a self-unaware hypocrite"?
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Offline Bonesaw

• Activity:
    0%
  • Omnipresent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 06:08:20 PM »
Even before i was a Christian, i was never sure what people meant by religion influencing policy. Pretty much every law we have is moral and shared by religious teachings.

The only thing i cant think of here is same sex marriage?

Help me understand what you mean by that?

I said I don't think religion should influence policy, but I'd be hard pressed to find a lot of examples of that actually happening, largely in part because of the separation of church and state and the continued vigilance of groups like the ACLU.

I think we've had this discussion once before, but I don't subscribe to the idea that morality is exclusive to religion.  Of course you said "shared by", so I agree with that.

Still, some people want religious monuments to be made public in front of government buildings or enforce public prayer in schools.  These things don't belong, IMO.

Dovey

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 06:25:51 AM »
 I'm not sure it was me you had that discussion with. I dont hold the position that morality is exclusive to religion.  Even scripture says it isnt, taking the stance that morals exist because God exists, and this impacts all human beings whether they believe in Him or not. If that makes sense. I'm not preaching to you when I say this, but if God is indeed real...His existence would impact us all whether we acknowledge Him or not, kwim? Even atheists would belong to Him and be just as influenced by His moral laws.   I agree with your position on prayer enforced in schools. No prayer should ever be "enforced", least of all on nonbelievers or vunerable children.  The monument thing...ehhh...I mean, religion is a big part of the country and the countries history, but I assert Christ is better honored by using that money to help our needy.  Graven images and all...

Dovey

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 06:32:26 AM »
Oh, okay, Miss No One Should Have an Abortion Because I Don't Believe Anyone Should Have the Choice But Me.

Considering I was very pressured and didnt get all the facts, I didnt get to make a valid choice. I got to make YOUR choice.  And no, I do not agree human beings should be legally killed.  Again, politically indoctrinated whack job that you are...utterly incapable of addressing issues honestly and resorting to the mental vomit above. 

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by lokmar
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +12204 / -5007
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »
"I have always said, I always will say, that the studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands."

Jefferson declared that religion is: "Deemed in other countries incompatible with good government and yet proved by our experience to be its best support."

This, from the gaytheists routine escape hatch, Thomas Jefferson! KA-POWN3D!  :laughinatu:

Offline LotusBud

• Mods
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »
The religious views of Thomas Jefferson diverged widely from the orthodox Christianity of his era. Throughout his life, Jefferson was intensely interested in theology, religious studies, and morality.[1][2] Jefferson was most comfortable with Deism, rational religion, and Unitarianism.[3] He was sympathetic to and in general agreement with the moral precepts of Christianity.[4] He considered the teachings of Jesus as having "the most sublime and benevolent code of morals which has ever been offered to man,"[5] yet he held that the pure teachings of Jesus appeared to have been appropriated by some of Jesus' early followers, resulting in a Bible that contained both "diamonds" of wisdom and the "dung" of ancient political agendas.[6]
PRESIDENT HE-MAN TRUMP

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6