Author Topic: TO REMEMBER  (Read 387 times)

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877
TO REMEMBER
« on: June 06, 2019, 10:44:53 AM »

Last few remaining U.S. veterans thanked on 75th anniversary of D-Day

Most were little more than boys when they fought in one of the greatest battles in modern history and turned the Nazi tide.

And now they are back.

At the 75th anniversary celebrations of the D-Day landings — the largest ever amphibious and airborne invasion— returning World War II veterans are treated like rock stars by tourists and locals.

“Thank you for your service,” most say as they shake hands at the surrounding landing beaches and the American Cemetery, the resting place for 9,387 Americans. Others simply say, “Merci.” Many ask for selfies with the old warriors.

President Donald Trump paid homage to the many fighters who lost their lives and honored returning World War II veterans at a ceremony Thursday morning. Addressing the assembled veterans, he said: "You are the pride of our nation. You are the glory of our republic. And we thank you from the bottom of our hearts."

President Emmanuel Macron of France gave a speech honoring the allies' effort. In a short section in English he said: “We know what we owe to you, veterans: our freedom. On behalf our nation, I just want to say thank you.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/last-few-remaining-u-s-veterans-thanked-75th-anniversary-d-n1014401
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6