Author Topic: Active Shooter training/drill  (Read 277 times)

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Oak
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +9687 / -30111
Active Shooter training/drill
« on: June 08, 2019, 07:24:50 PM »
We went through an hour training yesterday on both fire/disaster evacuation and then on an active shooter drill as well.

I think these should be taught everywhere.  Shootings happen and being at least a bit prepared might help you be a survivor. 

Order of response

Run
Hide (including leap frogging-hiding from spot to spot until you're able to actively evacuate)
Fight - throwing anything you can use as a weapon at shooter

In your workspace there should be someone or someone's  one or more of the following

get out now, get out now, get out now

safe room, safe room, safe room  - if there's a room with no windows and where doors can be barricaded in and shooter out
(keep quiet, lights off)
get down now, get down now, get down now - aggressively and loudly if you run into a shooter, sometimes they might get down in confusion

What not to do?   

Freeze in disbelief that shooting is occurring
Calling and/or texting family

Higher chance that it will really be killed.

• Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Dovey

Re: Active Shooter training/drill
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »
 I work in an inner city hospital....so yes we have to do these.

I actually died laughing.

It's like you said. Hide. Fight or die. May the odds forever be in our favor   :biglaugha:

I remember sitting there thinking.....er....what about the patients?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »
I work in an inner city hospital....so yes we have to do these.

I actually died laughing.

It's like you said. Hide. Fight or die. May the odds forever be in our favor   :biglaugha:

I remember sitting there thinking.....er....what about the patients?

Seems like you'd barricade in that instance, wouldn't you?

But this could happen in a mall, concert, school, churches....they haven't done this in hospitals yet.  Maybe because there are  professionals that can save people, 

Dovey

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 07:44:35 PM »
Seems like you'd barricade in that instance, wouldn't you?

But this could happen in a mall, concert, school, churches....they haven't done this in hospitals yet.  Maybe because there are  professionals that can save people,

Our options are barricade or fight to the death. Yep.

We had a shooter a few months ago, shut down the whole hospital, I didn't get home until 10.

The time before that, I actually saw it. I was at the entrence/exit to the ER and some guy in the street got shot right in the foot and ended up flopping into the ER, blood everywhere. Hospital was shut down after that too  :biglaugha:

His foot looked like burnt, raw ground beef with bone shards.

Offline Oak

• Stomping Groundz Regs
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
Our options are barricade or fight to the death. Yep.

We had a shooter a few months ago, shut down the whole hospital, I didn't get home until 10.

The time before that, I actually saw it. I was at the entrence/exit to the ER and some guy in the street got shot right in the foot and ended up flopping into the ER, blood everywhere. Hospital was shut down after that too  :biglaugha:

His foot looked like burnt, raw ground beef with bone shards.

I can't handle that.  Weak stomach.

Dovey

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
I can't handle that.  Weak stomach.

"I can eat my dinner while probing stage 4 decubs...it ain't nothing"  :biglaugha:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6