Author Topic: Changes being made to the BG  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +30592 / -6724
Re: Changes being made to the BG
« on: June 09, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
I'm all for an area dedicated to flaming and interesting insults. Banter and all kinds of witty repartee. Freeing it up of general chit chat wouldn't be a bad idea.

But we have to be consistent in our definitions as to what is or is not considered spam and what should be shitcanned out of the sub-board to other more general boards.

I also don't think we should ease up on the PII rules in this section as it will then be used by some as a dumping ground for those whom they don't like. Meaning, poster A beats up on poster B on the political board then poster B responds by coming down to BG to toss up PI and all kinds of shit like that.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »
Define "flaming"
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »
Does this mean swooning over Freud will no longer be allowed in the BG?  :popcorn:

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »

Swooning over Freud is allowed everywhere. There is always a flame element to it. I know this cuz I’ve been doing this for years and it always rules people up.

The chit chat shit is what we’re trying to eliminate on this sub forum.
The swooning is chit chat, Ma.

And it's lame as fuck. Doesn't work anyone with any sense of self worth up.

If you're going to implement rules like this then you have to be the first to abide by them.

Just saying.

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 12:25:02 PM »

I need your input in the mod room

We’re going to have to disagree on the Freud swooning. If it means keeping the spam off this subforum, I’ll stop. Changes need to be made cuz I’m spent.
You can swoon until your keyboard melts for all I care, but I will point out that it's highly inconsistent if you do that and then attempt to dictate what is and what is not spam to others.

I'm all for hardcore flaming in this section, complete with matches and all. However, if that is the case then spastic spam peddlers like Bozo need to get tossed the minute he blurts out another "BOOM" "couch" or any of the other 3 lame duck comebacks he regurgitates on auto pilot.

If you down with all that then I got you and I'm behind you 100%.  If not, I'll spam the section myself with vigor just to see what the next move will be.

And as far as modding this section goes I'm of this school of thought

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »

You can’t compare BEnzo to the shit we’ve been seeing here.

Yes I can.

The clown is awful at this game and his posts have less the flaming content than a sanitary napkin. To be honest, the only reason he isn't aired out on the daily is because many of us happen to like you and have come to respect the pink poodle leash extending from your hand all the way down and around his soggy ostrich neck.

The guy is a gimp who belongs in a wooden box with a ball in his mouth and a condom around his face.

Just saying

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »
If we can’t build a proper flame forum likes the ones Scoundrel and others are used to, then I might as well just give up
We have tried. On several occasions in fact. However, and I'm going to have to call you out here, you yourself have been one of the biggest offenders on the chit chat bullshit.

Admins and staff are some of the biggest drivers of direction on a board. If you're not involved no one will be involved.

If today is a new day then so be it. I got your back. But it has to be a new day for EVERYBODY. Including your pet rodent on  string Benzo. And the chitty chatty shit needs to stop.

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:17 PM »

With all due respect , you have a huge pet that gets away with murder. Breaks all the rules and no consequences. BEnzo doesn’t flame dead kids or post Pi In a roundabout way. Main thing, he don’t complain about everything and his mother.

Can you agree to let us fix this subforum ?
I am 100% in agreement with fixing this sub. But we have to be consistent and apply the rules equally.

And if the poster to whom I think you are speaking of is who you are speaking of she's hardly my pet. I argue with her quite regularly but she's pretty vicious and I like that so I respect her. And any new developments in the dynamic around here with respect to her demeanor are exactly that, new. Whereas Bozo has been a lame fucking spammer for YEARS.

Additionally, I  don't think she's flamed Caskur's child to any extent beyond what 99% of flametown has already done. And to be honest, although I don't engage in the activity myself I feel little compassion for someone who continues to associate themselves with persons who do.

Like I've said, I got you here. let's fix this. But as soon as I see these rules being munged to facilitate a particular end that is unfair I will make it a point to become the biggest offender. 

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 01:33:20 PM »
Hallelujah to the new meds .

I can actually understand what the guy is saying 

Offline Biggie Smiles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Smile
    • Show all replies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »

This is why I respect you, Lotus

You’re going to be the voice of reason til Bonesaw returns
I like Lotus' post too but she really hasn't said anything here that several of us haven't been saying in this thread previously.

Flaming is subjective and if we're going down the path of deciding what is and what is not a flame then need to have a solid baseline to reference. Otherwise, it becomes open to the interpretation of the person with the panel and that creates the unfair advantage that has wrecked so many flame boards in the past.

Consistency and clarity are the two most important elements to be sought after when attempting to adopt some kind of gold standard within respect to flaming content on this board.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6