Author Topic: Don't hold your breath about the midterm elections  (Read 1522 times)

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
Don't hold your breath about the midterm elections
« on: October 27, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »
An 11-year old boy hacked a replica Florida election website in ten minutes yesterday and changed vote totals.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/an-11-year-old-changed-election-results-on-a-replica-florida-state-website-in-under-10-minutes
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

caskur

Re: Don't hold your breath about the midterm elections
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »
Serves you all right. What are mid term elections for anyway?
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post!     Gay

Offline Baby Doll

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by Baby Doll
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +2489 / -1156
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
Serves you all right. What are mid term elections for anyway?

decides who controls congress and the senate.

plus sometimes they have questions on the ballots in states like wether to legalize marijuna and stuff
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 1    Gay (List of Rates | -10 Post Total)

caskur

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »
decides who controls congress and the senate.

plus sometimes they have questions on the ballots in states like wether to legalize marijuna and stuff

I'd like to know more about these "midterms" because I once heard that when you voted in one (midterm), you couldn't vote again in the main election.

Offline Oliver Clotheshoffe

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Check me out, I'm dancing I'm dancing!
    • Show only replies by Oliver Clotheshoffe
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +8156 / -877
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
I just want the election to be over so I don't have to watch all the damn political commercials anymore.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 1    Gay (List of Rates | -10 Post Total)

Offline AMF

• Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by AMF
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +6 / -74
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
No shit.

There is one local race (for state senator) where the state GOP and the state Dem party have been mailing out nearly identical giant slick postcards about how bad the other candidate is, but never saying shit about how good THEIR candidate is.  I've been putting them in two stacks on my credenza and there's about a pound and a half in each stack.  I think next Monday I'll look to see which candidate has received the greater number of negative ads, and voat for them.

Offline lokmar

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by lokmar
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +12204 / -5007
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »
I actually like mid-term elections. It enables the voters to put the brakes on an administration after 2 years if they think its off the rails. Thats what happened with obama in a BIG way. He was too looney so he was put in a corner. Sadly, America was afraid of being called racist so they didnt vote him out in 2012, but they kept him in the corner till his term was up.

Offline deport_liberals

• Trogz
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by deport_liberals
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +5119 / -3254
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 03:00:48 AM »
Hopefully this young man is on our side.
  • Fucking idiot    Like    Unlike    Triggered    Hysterical    Awesome!    Shit Post! x 2    Gay (List of Rates | -20 Post Total)

Dovey

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 05:33:50 AM »
No shit.

There is one local race (for state senator) where the state GOP and the state Dem party have been mailing out nearly identical giant slick postcards about how bad the other candidate is, but never saying shit about how good THEIR candidate is.  I've been putting them in two stacks on my credenza and there's about a pound and a half in each stack.  I think next Monday I'll look to see which candidate has received the greater number of negative ads, and voat for them.
I see the same thing.  We have even gotta text messages.  I know where my vote is going on the 6th and I'm still dreading it, basically because my MIL, bless her heart, likes to call me up and get into my business on who I vote for et. I love her to death but she can really test boundaries sometimes.

Offline TweeterInChief

• TweeterInChief
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Show only replies by TweeterInChief
    • View Profile
  • Rated: +10 / -10
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 09:56:56 PM »
Didn't the Man Behind the Curtain send everyone in the USA a text recently?
I actually don't have a bad hairline

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6